Experiences with Millennial Agents?

I'm 25 been selling Fe, Indy , for 4 months now - it's going well. Was working as a captive agent for AIL prior for 6 months . I don't have trouble because of my age.

I was 18 when I started there.

That's pretty awesome (love your avi by the way excited to see how her interview goes with the FBI). Did you have any initial struggles when selling f2f when you started that you can remember?

I'm a baby faced 21 year old and found incredibly better results selling over the phone than in person.

Not a Millennial, I'm over twice as old as any 2 of you together...OUCH. :swoon:

I was 20 when I sold my 1st Med Supp. I thought it might be hard at that age selling to old fogies(now I'm an old fogey myself), but it wasn't. If you think it's a problem...it will be. It's all in your head.:yes:

Is there any of you who have had good (or bad) experiences with "millennial" agents on the Medicare side?

Any of you have successful agents in Medicare that are under 25 years old?

I'm going to be talking about this at the Medicare Conference in a couple weeks, and wanted to see if there is any other young guys that aren't stuck in the college mentality!

:biggrin:

I started in this business at 26 after quitting my salaried bank job with $2500 bucks in savings. LOL! If you know what you're talking about and speak confidently, no one will care about your age or the color of your tie. I'm 34 now and this business has been very good to me. Some of my friends are still struggling and I'm over here climbing tax brackets.

I started in this business at 26 after quitting my salaried bank job with $2500 bucks in savings. LOL! If you know what you're talking about and speak confidently, no one will care about your age or the color of your tie. I'm 34 now and this business has been very good to me. Some of my friends are still struggling and I'm over here climbing tax brackets.

Similar story here, started when I was 25. Now 32, it has been very good to me. As far as selling medicare it helps I think as long as the knowledge is there.

I'm not a millenial, but I've got one. She's doing fabulous, but all of her other friends who just graduated from college are really struggling with rejection, finding their passion and that they aren't getting a partcipation trophy. Its not "can you learn/teach Medicare". Its teaching them how to prospect and sell. That the first 3 years is painful.

You stand up there and say "I sold 300 policies in my first year" it will just defeat them. They need to know how tough it is for most people to get started, but that the benefit is worth the reward.

Tell them how great it is. After the initiation.

Yes, it is possible to sell 300 policies your first year. Or maybe even 600.

But that isn't the norm.

The hardest part of this job is prospecting. The next hardest part is taking the knowledge you have and understanding how to turn it into a workable presentation that doesn't sound canned.

Confidence is developed over time. Some take longer than others to feel comfortable with their "pitch" but that's OK. One day before you realize it things will come together.

Give her an atta-girl.

Or is that sexist?

Yes, it is possible to sell 300 policies your first year. Or maybe even 600.

But that isn't the norm.

The hardest part of this job is prospecting. The next hardest part is taking the knowledge you have and understanding how to turn it into a workable presentation that doesn't sound canned.

Confidence is developed over time. Some take longer than others to feel comfortable with their "pitch" but that's OK. One day before you realize it things will come together.

Give her an atta-girl.

Or is that sexist?

Oh yeah....I'm super offended ;)

Back