Frank Stastny - RIP

Yikes!!! I have been away from the forum for a couple of weeks and just returned today to be shocked and saddened by the news of Frank Stastny's death. Frank was a real asset to this forum. He imparted quite a bit of knowledge and information regarding Med Supps. I considered him the "go to guy" when it came to Med Supps.

I had spoken to him several times and more often conversed with him via PM or email. He was generous with his time and willingly shared his knowledge. I found Frank to be "old school" in a good way, very professional, and above all ethical.

He will be missed on this forum. I appreciate the photos that Mark posted. They honor him by reflecting the kind and good person that he was. He deserves ever accolade posted about him.

I will miss being able to banter with him about his goats, drinking tequila, and the occasional typographical errors.

I wish to convey to Jacqueline and his family my deepest sorrow and condolences. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
I two was very saddened to hear of Frank's passing.

For those of us that had a chance to speak/get to know him,you would of realized very quickly that he had many gifts that he was willing to share.

Frank you left your mark here Brother..I will miss you!

I don't mean to sound selfish but once again, this shows me how you cannot take anything or anyone for granted...You have to act on an opportunity or get in touch with someone when you feel you should and can. You never know when it will be too late. .Frank was probably the only one who made me feel I can learn even without the local face to face training. I talked to him once, he seems so nice. I was planning to see if I can work with him, close to deciding I would. I told my daughter when I posted a few days ago that I was in tears...when she asked who died..I told her this man on the forum..she hung up on me..I couldn't believe it..she was so sleepy..I guess it sounded like a joke to her but yeah, it just goes to show how one person can touch another....As a Christian, I pray he trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ and that he is with him in heaven.

I had never met Frank, but since we work only a few miles from each other, I had planned to get over to his office. From our conversations, he sounded like an upstanding agent and person. I'm sure that Frank made certain that his wife would be well taken care of financially. Hopefully all of us have exercised similar wisdom with our family planning, as tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.
-Allen

I too had never met/talked to Mr. Stastny but always looked forward to reading his posts. I've always wanted to give him a call and learn from him but kept putting it off and now it's too late. Rest in peace Mr. Stastny. This forum will not be the same without you.

I too had never met/talked to Mr. Stastny but always looked forward to reading his posts. I've always wanted to give him a call and learn from him but kept putting it off and now it's too late. Rest in peace Mr. Stastny. This forum will not be the same without you.

The forum is not the same without him. :no:

To all of you who have left messages and thoughts about Frank, thank you so much. I find myself coming here many times a day to read the things you have all posted and it comforts me.

I am posting the link for the virtual obituary within the post and hope you will all take a moment to look through a few of the photos I have posted of Frank as I know it helps to put a face to a voice.

He considered this forum one of the best ways to "teach" and express his love and at times hatred of the insurance industry. I know most of you believe it or not as Frank would get a call and after hanging up he would tell me "that was Pete his name on the forum is SoandSo". We talked often about how he felt this forum was such a great vehicle for networking.

I also want you to all know that although I don't have Franks grasp of Medicare Supplements I do know how to use YIO (whom I called his mistress) and will do my best to help anyone as much as I can with software issues. I am going to keep Franks email address as trying to change everything over to mine would be a daunting task and most likely would confuse many of his clients so if you need to contact me for any reason please use his email.

Thank you all again for your thoughts I know how much this would mean to Frank as he considered many of you more than just a name on the forum but a friend.

Book of Memories for Frank Stastny at Cox Gifford Seawinds Funeral Home & Crematory

Jacqueline

Back