Frustrated

SME - if you're making $3K a week in commissions I think you're gonna see that it's better to be independent.

If you were working for me and making $3,000 per week in commissions I would give you anything you wanted, times 2.

Unfortunately, there are a lot more of "them" out there than there are of "us", isn't that sad."

Steph,
I went thru the samr thing a year a go, I thik Frank's advise is a good line to follow, check the contract and see if you are a captive agent or independant agent. You as a former agency know you can contract with a number of companies with a great contract and never hear from them them after you appoint unless you call them. Here is a lil tip to boot ask frank about YIO "Your Insurance Office" it will help you stay in the game like the big Agencies do.

Thanks for all of the advice. Sometimes I have to remind myself to not be such a girl, and get over it. I think that he is just the type that will never be happy no matter how well I do. I'm an independent contractor so I can make my own hours, and there is no production requirement in my contract. I think that I will take Frank's stand and just be to busy to deal with him. So far I have only had this one run in with him as he is rarely in the office. So I'm going to go with the flow. If I want to leave I can. I've never had trouble finding a job before, and could go out on my own again with no problems. We'll see where it goes. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

When I was captive there was a meeting every Monday morning where the "manager" would stand up and mentally masturbate in front of us telling us how great and wonderful he was. Then he would single out the lowest producer from the former week and call him every name in the book. He would slam books on the table, wave his arms and get red in the face. (Trying to scare us I guess.)

Then he would call us in one by one and tell us what failures we were, even the "best of the best" from the last week.

After about three of these, I told him I schedule appointments on Monday morning and would no longer be at his meetings. (They would last until 11 am.) That did not make him a happy camper. He made all kinds of threats, I smiled and said I would be in at the end of each week to turn in my business. That was it, end of conversation. I never did attend one of his masturbation meetings again.

As an independent agent I was not required to attend anything. Said so in my contract, so I didn't. I always wrote a lot of insurance and he never mentioned it again. Actually, when I left we were almost sorta kinda friends, as much as you can be with a jerk like that.

His whole approach to motivation was intimidation. I just didn't let him intimidate me.

I absolutely can't stand the guy I work under. Unfortunately, I am required to attend meetings for a given amount of time yet. Today, I was called a "f**kin' ***" for actually bothering to check cold calls against the Do Not Call list, because "it's a waste of time and no one is going to make an issue with it". I wanted to tell him I'd collect any fine from him or he wouldn't leave the building alive, but I figured he might reiterate the comment to someone that would take it too seriously in this day and age.

Great working relationship, eh. :mad:

Yeah I was told to block the number from all calls. But I just don't agree with that. If people don't want to talk to you then why force them to. It's a waste of time. Most of the time you just end up with an upset client, not a potential sale.

I absolutely can't stand the guy I work under. Unfortunately, I am required to attend meetings for a given amount of time yet. Today, I was called a "f**kin' ***" for actually bothering to check cold calls against the Do Not Call list, because "it's a waste of time and no one is going to make an issue with it". I wanted to tell him I'd collect any fine from him or he wouldn't leave the building alive, but I figured he might reiterate the comment to someone that would take it too seriously in this day and age.

Great working relationship, eh. :mad:

Life is too short to have to put up with that crap. Hang in there as long as you need to. Most of us have been through the same thing. It seems to almost be a right of passage in this business. It may even make us better agents.

Know what I would do? I would keep an accurate log with date, time, location and anyone's name who may have heard what was said, of every confrontation you have with this jerk. Seriously.

If it ever comes to a head, and you have documented information, it will be more than just your word against his. If you don't have documentation they it is all just hear say. I'm sure there must be someone who would like to know that he is telling you to forget about the no call list.

I feel for you, been there, done that, even have the t-shirt. Just remember one thing, "time wounds all heels".

My favorite reply:

Other: "Are you an ***?"
Reply: "No more then yourself."
Other: Blank stare.

I had an agent go off on me once. I asked her if we were married. She said no. So, I asked her why the hell she thinks she can talk to me like that.

I have no problem putting people in their place. Good bad or indifferent. I am a master in the smart ass approach. That has done more harm then good, but it makes for better after the fact stories.

Back