• Captive & cant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Insurancetechhead

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey all,

We are doing a beta test for our webdesign system and are giving a way 5 free websites (technically 3 since 2 slots were filled yesterday)

Answer the poll for a chance to be selected for the Beta. We will PM those that are selected & Post a Thread with the title Free website selection, just in case your to new to PM

This poll and the chance at getting a free website ends on 11/14/2012

If there are any questions please ask away and I will answer them daily

-Sam (no relation to the founder of this forum)

P.S. This is not an offer to market or buy anything! We need data and there seem to be a lot of really confused agents who are scared of spending their last $500 on either a website or Raman. If I accidently overstepped my bounds and this is in the wrong area please forgive me, years in insurance sales has taught me its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission :)

Last edited:
im a trend setter caus every day i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar

lol why would i have 2? plus you know my reason for the give away. I don't really care about why people don't have a website :)

either way at least I devalued the idea that WordPress websites should cost $499

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wordpress software is no-cost, you can download it and use it for no cost. What you pay someone for is the service/support if you don't have the time/inclination/knowledge or desire to obtain such, even though if you are somewhat computer literate and a "little" familiar with programming concepts AND can think logically, it's quite simple. Otherwise, you can pay someone to help you get a site up in a matter of hours.

It's the whole "Open Source" movement vs. "proprietary" (some compare it to communism vs capitalism haha). But it depends on your needs. Google search will tell you more than you need to know about it.

I use open source (Linux) on old computers for speed and "tinkering". But NOT for "mission critical" business. Right now as I'm wasting time browsing this forum (!) [lunch break] I'm on (free) Linux on a netbook for speed and (free) Chromium browser. If it crashes (and sometimes does, but seldom) I just re-install and keep on. But there's nothing here I need should I lose the whole system (dropbox is your friend). Open Source is a community of programmers who do this for free in their spare time. Works better as time goes on, but once in a blue moon there is a serious problem either programmatically or security related that blows you right out of the water.

On the other hand, in BUSINESS, some carriers REQUIRE IE and so I use Win7 on the laptop, with triple redundant backups. That is all proprietary and paid for, and works all the time (so far haha). I use Salesforce (paid for) for CRM and have had NO issues in 3 years. None. The are also HIPAA compliant. I've tried "free" CRMs and ALWAYS run into some glitch or problem or something, and I don't have time for that, and if I'm going to pay someone to watch after it, I might as well pay for the real thing. Proprietary softwary (as opposed to open source) is developed by career pro's who are PAID for their work, and also held to corporate standards and expectations by PAYING CUSTOMERS.

So, you have two worlds that overlap. Hope this helps you make a decision that best fits your needs and expectations.

For example, I use Wordpress privately hosted, but ALSO Adobe Muse and Dreamweaver to tweak the themes in Wordpress and also build robust websites that are not base on Wordpress. It's not as much as you think, only five sites, but that's all I need, and only 2 of those are mine, 3 are for friends. I'm an insurance agent, not a web guy, as a profession. But I LOVE computers as a hobby (and music too). But that's not where I make my living, it's where I spend most of it! haha. At least what I can hide from my wife.

The BEST example for me, and my favorite program is Microsoft OneNote. It stores data both locally AND on skydrive. THAT is how I wish all my stuff worked (and it sorta does, but not as seemlessly, I have to patch the other stuff together, and some just does not work that way). I have literally EVERYTHING stored in there: brochures, apps, rate cards, important edited forum posts, you name it. Paperless. And can access it with NO internet connection or via SkyDrive from anywhere. Best program out there (and little known for what it can do, I think).

I'd like to be OFF the cloud (but peer-to-peer redundant locally) with backups to the cloud. Working in that direction.

There used to be a guy on here who's handle beings with the letter A and ends with the number 3, but he was banned. I learned/confirmed alot of this stuff from him - why reinvent the wheel when someone else can give you their experiences both good and bad. Alas, that resource has been retired. (Although I have his email and phone number - but you don't - so hope I was able to help a little).

Have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator:
There used to be a guy on here who's handle beings with the letter A and ends with the number 3, but he was banned. I learned/confirmed alot of this stuff from him - why reinvent the wheel when someone else can give you their experiences both good and bad. Alas, that resource has been retired. (Although I have his email and phone number - but you don't - so hope I was able to help a little).

Have a great day!

He was banned??? That sucks I liked arguing with that guy. Maybe he shouldn't have tried to sell something for $500 that people were willing to do for "free".

He was banned??? That sucks I liked arguing with that guy. Maybe he shouldn't have tried to sell something for $500 that people were willing to do for "free".

It had nothing to do with what he was selling.

Back