HD - Plan F also gone in 2020?

There's that ole peer pressure again.

I think I'll start my new website, huskersmedigap dot com and rewrite all your plan F's.

I'll keep it simple and say F stands for Foolish. In Nebraska, the smart money goes for Medigap Plan N. If N is good enough for your state, it is good enough for your medical finances. Then they can donate all their medigap premium savings to support Husker football.

Then everybody has the same plan, they are all saving money and Nebraska has increased financial support for its football program. No Medicare explanations necessary.
Hahaha, The "N" in Plan N stands for Nebraska. :yes:

sometimes? LOL - ALL the TIME!

I know FL is a different world for Medicare/Medigap, but was just wondering.

KS has three UHC PDP's. The highest priced one is $87 per month. I have had reason to puzzle over why someone would buy that and name association is the main reason I could come up with.

Now there is a watch phrase for the ages: “only buy plan F Danny”

Are UHC drug plans priced competitively in FL?

Do you think people sometimes are prone to buy a higher priced UHC drug plan just because they have a UHC medigap plan?

Yeah UHC Walgreens plan is pretty good. It’s only $25 so not really higher priced. If they call UHC or a UHC captive agent, I’m sure they are more likely to buy a UHC rx

KS has three UHC PDP's. The highest priced one is $87 per month. I have had reason to puzzle over why someone would buy that and name association is the main reason I could come up with.
They would buy that plan if the total annual cost, premium plus copays, were lower than all of the other plans. I've enrolled many people in that top price UHC Rx plan. I've also had a $197 per month Rx plan come up as the lowest annual cost in the past. Agents are not puzzled about this. Beneficiaries often are, which is why agents are valuable to them. We keep them from making bad choices based on wildly inaccurate assumptions like the one you've made here.

They would buy that plan if the total annual cost, premium plus copays, were lower than all of the other plans. I've enrolled many people in that top price UHC Rx plan.

You do not say WHY you enrolled them in the plan. Did you do it at their request or did you do it because the annual cost, premium plus copays was cheaper than other plans?

What I am looking at is why a person would have a UHC plan if premium plus copays comes up way overpriced for medications they use. I was trying to find out from Chazm if his experience would indicate any reason for that behavior other than UHC name association with Medigap and other AARP products.

Last edited:
You do not say WHY you enrolled them in the plan. Did you do it at their request or did you do it because the annual cost, premium plus copays was cheaper than other plans?

What I am looking at is why a person would have a UHC plan if premium plus copays comes up way overpriced for medications they use. I was trying to find out from Chazm if his experience would indicate any reason for that behavior other than UHC name association with Medigap and other AARP products.

Clients that I work with only go with the plan that I recommend. Which is usually at the hand of what Medicare.gov says.

Have I talked to people who were on UHC's Med supp already, an automatically got a UHC Rx plan because it was the same company? Yes, but they most likely called UHC and UHC would ask for their medications and put them on the plan that is the lowest cost for them. (UHC plan of course).

Maybe if you were an insurance agent you would know. Or perhaps you could call the agent that helped you.

Otherwise, there is no reason that you should even care.

Rick

Maybe if you were an insurance agent you would know. Or perhaps you could call the agent that helped you.

Otherwise, there is no reason that you should even care.

Rick
Oh, there is very definitely a reason for me to care.

You are too biased for me to even try to give you the courtesy of an explanation though.

Back