Hometown Quotes

I concur with Mich I am very disappointed with HTQ $350.00 month entering my third month, my two leads today, lead 1 called at 8:30 am no answer, called back at 11:00 am prospect told me I was the sixth agent she spoke to today. lead 2 called the # and spoke with gentleman who had no idea how I got his number, name on the lead was clearly foreign ( bijan arfae) the gentleman I spoke with was Pat Jones. I want to do business with a reputable leads provider I would not recommend HTQ. If in fact they only sell to 3 agents triple the price and sell to one agent.

Where do you find leads less expensive? I would like to know. I am interested in inexpensive leads. I get some of the above type leads from them too. Its always good to talk to clients to see what their experience is, when the filled out the eform... to ensure its all real-time... However, I do feel that when I run into a problem like the above with either a resold lead, or false information, HTQ works with me to credit it. I have not been denied for the above scenarios you laid out. Please let me know who has the inexpensive leads please :)

Don Dulah I think you misunderstood. I pay x for a lead from HTQ that is sold to a total of three agents, sell it to me and nobody else and I will pay 3x what I currently pay. That eliminates one problem, then it boils down to the quality of the lead.

Don Dulah I think you misunderstood. I pay x for a lead from HTQ that is sold to a total of three agents, sell it to me and nobody else and I will pay 3x what I currently pay. That eliminates one problem, then it boils down to the quality of the lead.

Nickandjake,

If a lead is bogus, I give you credit for the lead. Bogus leads are a fact of life when working online leads. We have a name for them: Drunken Leads....we have no idea why so many folks give us partial/bogus data on our site. If I had a solution, I'd sell it & retire early!
I'm concerned you say you are just starting your 3rd month & not having success. Your login does not show what state you are in. Have you worked/talked with your regional director about your concerns? If not, please give him a call.
If so and things haven't changed, please give me a call/email with your contact info so I can take a look at your account to see if something needs to be tweaked so you have better success.

Also, if you want Exclusive Auto leads, I can do that for you also. Call/email me. My contact info is in my signature below.

I too tried Hometown and I'll be honest, I wasn't happy either. I don't want to get into the details or say not to use them, but in general, I wasn't impressed. I did pull the plug quickly with them and it is based off of a small sample size, but for the price that is charged, I expected a much better quality lead. Maybe in a larger spectrum of leads the quality wouldve been corrected, but again, for the price, i was left dissapointed at best. i would be open to trying them in the future a 2nd time, but I think I would want the price to come down before I did so.

update on my two leads today,(10/02/14) lead #1 called the prospect, she had never heard of the person I asked to speak with had no idea how I got her number she had never inquired online about insurance. lead #2 invalid phonenumber and email address. If I operated my business in this manner I would not be in business.

update on my two leads today,(10/02/14) lead #1 called the prospect, she had never heard of the person I asked to speak with had no idea how I got her number she had never inquired online about insurance. lead #2 invalid phonenumber and email address. If I operated my business in this manner I would not be in business.

Look nickandjake, HTQ cannot call to validate these first for you. They have no control of the input. I find people lying about their DOB and whether they own a house or not all of the time. The thing is, many lead providers will not accept the above as a valid reason, especially them not knowing the person... HTQ will return it for credit hassle free. Sometimes I have this stuff happen, but I don't stress it, they make it right. To be honest they are a huge part of my revenue the past several months. I lclose about 8 to 10%

NickandJake.
You need to turn the leads in as Bogus. We spend thousands of dollars a month to a 3rd party service to verify phone numbers, name, address. We've tried many services over the years that do this type of verification....none are perfect. So please, turn the lead in for credit.
It does us no good to generate leads & send you bogus info. I can't tell you how many times I've talked to a consumer who has said the same thing: I never...yet I ask them: I see someone on your computer at 8:36 am this morning was on our site...are you positive? [TCPA compliance since last October has required us to capture: IP address, date, time & electronic signature so we can defend ourselves/agents, if someone tries to sue for calling them] Invariably, the consumer might say: well, maybe my spouse was....."honey, did you???"

Remember, sometimes the first "no" is like walking into a car dealership & the salesman says: "May I help you? & you say: No, just looking." Well, of course you needed help to find what you were looking for. But we are almost programmed when we go to a dealership to answer a dummy that asks that question in the negative:)

So, back to NickandJake. We give credit on all bogus leads. I assure you that in a batch of 100 leads, 15-20 will be bogus. X # will not answer the phone. X # will not return your VM message. But, there will be enough good leads/folks in those 100 leads to give you a chance to use your sales skills & hopefully, write a few policies. If not, then no one would buy an internet lead...Period! Not the mortgage folks, the education folks, the home improvement folks nor the 10's of thousands of insurance agents that buy each month. They wouldn't waste their money.

Thank you DonDulah. Thank you for calling me last month to say our leads were the absolute best you've bought lately...& I think you said you buy from up to 8 sources? MI, agent in the same state....says they aren't working for him. Same company they both write for, same state, just different markets.
How does one explain this? Trust me, if I knew, I'd patent the process & sell it! I have a few ideas....but...

So please, NickandJake. Work the leads, work the numbers, not just the 2 leads you got today. If you get 20 bad leads in a row...something is not working. Call your Regional Director or any of my folks. They will help you by taking a look at your account to see if there are any trends/data that can fix the issue.

Bad leads...suck, but they will always be a part of the business. Just ask for credit. I hate bogus leads! But they have always been part of doing business.

If my folks can't help you, please email call me, I'll do my best to get with you even if it takes a day or two. Your concerns/ideas are important to me. It is nice to hear good things, but I also need to hear if we are dropping the ball. You guys are the life blood of my company. I would not have a business without agents. I'm on the road a lot + I have many duties /people to attend to. But I will get back with you. If possible, leave me an evening phone number when you call/email & let me know it is ok to call up to X hour.

Contact info in my signature below.

Thank you.

I am working with Paul Ferry regional rep, He thinks their is some type of issue with the lead source, I am a seasoned agent, top two hundred in the nation with Allied/Nationwide 2013, I like to think I know how to sell, so it becomes an issue with the lead. This is one segment of my marketing program that is new to my agency, giving it a shot after finding this forum, I am more optimistic after speaking with Paul, I will advise.

I am working with Paul Ferry regional rep, He thinks their is some type of issue with the lead source, I am a seasoned agent, top two hundred in the nation with Allied/Nationwide 2013, I like to think I know how to sell, so it becomes an issue with the lead. This is one segment of my marketing program that is new to my agency, giving it a shot after finding this forum, I am more optimistic after speaking with Paul, I will advise.

Thank you NickandJake.

Paul Ferry really knows his stuff.
I have some info for you if you'd give me a call tomorrow. I'm on PST at the moment so anytime from 8-8. If I don't answer, leave me a message or better yet, email me with your contact best phone number & I will call you.

I'm glad you got in touch with Paul.

FYI: Folks, many times it is better to email me than call me. Sometimes I'm in areas that suck with cell service. Almost all my calls forward to my cell when I'm not sitting/standing at my desk. Texting me if you have my cell # is better than VM:)

Bob

Hey Bob. I've tried dropping you a line a couple times, but I know you are busy. I am currently using the Allstate Lead Marketplace and am wondering if the quality is the same, given the price. I have yet to receive a HTQ quote through the marketplace so I cannot judge for myself.

Back