Hometown Quotes

It has been my experience that the quality of HTQUOTES has diminished in the past year.

I still believe Bob is trying to offer a good product and truly wants to do the right thing in terms of credits and lead quality.

Until the rogue affiliates are shut down by the lead companies no one is ever going to be totally happy.

Seems like the lead companies could set up a "rogue affiliate" notification system and the lead companies would instantly stop buying from that affiliate. There has to be a way for the lead companies to greatly reduce the number of rogue affiliates.

I also believe that HTQ is trying to do the right thing but the quality just wasn't there. I saw no difference between their leads and say an all web etc.
For the record I have found the most success with quote wizard but their leads aren't good either. They just credit well and have volume and are user friendly to control (credits and pauses etc)

It has been my experience that the quality of HTQUOTES has diminished in the past year.

I still believe Bob is trying to offer a good product and truly wants to do the right thing in terms of credits and lead quality.

Until the rogue affiliates are shut down by the lead companies no one is ever going to be totally happy.

Seems like the lead companies could set up a "rogue affiliate" notification system and the lead companies would instantly stop buying from that affiliate. There has to be a way for the lead companies to greatly reduce the number of rogue affiliates.

I get credited anytime htq gives me a "rogue" lead. I'm in the 75k/mo range in a small office and cannot afford bad leads. Bob credits me for more than the "official" reasons. If it's a real shady lead like its sent to another lead provider at the same time, I let Bob know. He takes care of it. Some of these companies a shady. Bob and htq are good people. Pm me if you need specifics. You can call me live I wIll explain my experiences. I have used everyone. Bob cares. Remember there are no lie detector tests to screen for stupid prospects who lie about their record, drivers, address or phone number. However bob won't leave you holding the bag with a crap lead. I can show you what they credit for me.

I am not a fan of buying leads, and might not ever buy leads or endorse any lead provider to any of our 223 agents to any specific lead provider...

but I have met with Bob twice in my office to explore the opportunity. I can say one thing, he shoots you straight and does what is right for the agent. If I do buy or endorse a lead provider it would be HT first.

LHTQ will return it for credit hassle free. Sometimes I have this stuff happen, but I don't stress it, they make it right. To be honest they are a huge part of my revenue the past several months. I lclose about 8 to 10%

This seems to be far from the truth in my experience thus far. This is the third time trying them in the past year. I really want them to be good, because they are almost good quality and Bob seems like a decent guy. I called them last week when they denied a return and they said they would have to get back to me because they couldn't find the lead. Of course, they never got back to me. I've also called Bob, as he has asked me to 3 or 4 times over the past year on here, yet no response, no call back, nothing. I have to agree, I don't know how a business can be run like this. I was trying to sell 2 agents on his company too. Oh well. May as well be using bankrate.

This seems to be far from the truth in my experience thus far. This is the third time trying them in the past year. I really want them to be good, because they are almost good quality and Bob seems like a decent guy. I called them last week when they denied a return and they said they would have to get back to me because they couldn't find the lead. Of course, they never got back to me. I've also called Bob, as he has asked me to 3 or 4 times over the past year on here, yet no response, no call back, nothing. I have to agree, I don't know how a business can be run like this. I was trying to sell 2 agents on his company too. Oh well. May as well be using bankrate.

BigSteve,
I'm sorry if we somehow missed each other! I've had 2 messages from a "Steve" in October. One Steve is in the 615 area code in TN & the other from the 812 area code in IN. I know I've talked to them both.
I don't know how I could be missing you. Please email me at the below email address with your contact #. I'm also sending you a PM with my cell number on it. I honestly don't know how I missed your call but strange things sometimes happen with VOIP phone systems I'm told:(
I would love to chat with you & take a look at your account. + I want to find out who you talked to & why you didn't get a call back. That is not acceptable.

Thank you for posting here today.

Also, I did look & I sent you a PM on 10/05 with my cell also. I am sure you called me but I just can't find anything. I take full responsibility for this, but I honestly don't remember your real name/contact info...I can't find anything on you:(

Last edited:
Back