Hometown Quotes

How much are hometown quotes GQ leads? Is there any way to get the price down to $10-11/lead for GQ from anyone's experience through buying in bulk?

How much are hometown quotes GQ leads? Is there any way to get the price down to $10-11/lead for GQ from anyone's experience through buying in bulk?

I can answer that: No.
We find that the lower one goes in price, the lower the quality. It is a race to the bottom once you start lowering the price. Quality, Real internet leads, cost money. They cannot be had for cheap.

I can tell you that the quality of a lead drops off a cliff once you get to the price point you say you'd like to buy at. It also becomes adverse selection. The low price leads that one finds in the market place of all leads, typically are those that others don't want to buy, for whatever reason.

If you want quality leads for a fair price, give me a shout. Contact info below.

Bob,

What's the deal with the Allstate Lead Marketplace?

I'm not sure what you mean?

The deal I'm aware of is Allstate has set up a marketplace for their agents to buy at "bulk" discounts leveraging Allstate's buying power. One must remember if you choose 3 vendors & you have a daily cap on how many you receive, then whoever get's their leads to AMPlace first, sells you the leads.

We sell the exact same leads to AMPlace that we sell directly to our agents.

If you have any other ? on the program, please email me & I will give you a call or return email with what I know.

HQ Leads are terrible don't waste your time or money. I actually hired one of their old sales reps and she was blown away after I hired her and how poor the quality of leads were. She told me to stop buying them after 3 weeks. They stink go elsewhere are there any good internet lead companies left

HQ Leads are terrible don't waste your time or money. I actually hired one of their old sales reps and she was blown away after I hired her and how poor the quality of leads were. She told me to stop buying them after 3 weeks. They stink go elsewhere are there any good internet lead companies left

Ericinsures,
I know who you are as I know who you hired. All I can say is: No comment on the reps skill set working leads, but she is an awesome individual IMHO. I also know she no longer works for you. IMHO, you did her a dis-service in luring her away from HTQ & then letting her go like you did.

Like I've always said: not everyone knows how to work internet leads. Working B2B leads for me is way different than B2C. If you had bad leads, did we not give you credit for them? You & I both know we gave you credit for every bad lead you received.
But if what you say is true about my lead quality...then everyone on this forum and others that is having success with our leads....must be doing something different than you & she did.

All the best to your insurance business.

Bob if your leads are better I'm up for trying them and I was told by your former employee to stop w HQ so she must have known something. I love that girl and she wanted to leave HQ for her own reasons. I did not lure her away she was looking because of what was going on....

----------

Does anyone know of another provider of decent leads? I have one lead generator not HQ that is ok but like the rest of the lead co's they get you 20-30% good leads and then they start feeding low tiered leads to keep buying more. I've built my agency on them and want to pump up the volume a little higher but I need to get another decent lead provider. Any rec's

----------

I spend anywhere from $800-$1,000 a month with these guys and I am very unhappy. The first two months the leads were ok not great, but ok. The last two months have been a complete joke. They say the leads are only sold to a total of 3 agents, over 75% of the leads that I have gotten have had 5-6 agents call about their one online request. Hometown charges more because they say they are only sold to two other agents besides yourself when in fact they are not. Why would I pay way more with them vs net quotes when I get the same quality. I called hometown and first off had to wait on hold for 12 min and then because I didn't request credits for these folks there is nothing they can do. Why would i request a credit when i am still working the lead, the lead wasn't bad because i couldn't reach them is was bad because it was sold too many times, and i didn't want them calling while i was working them. Beware your better off paying 1/2 the price with someone else for the same quality lead. they are going downhill.

Did you find another lead company?

----------

I too tried Hometown and I'll be honest, I wasn't happy either. I don't want to get into the details or say not to use them, but in general, I wasn't impressed. I did pull the plug quickly with them and it is based off of a small sample size, but for the price that is charged, I expected a much better quality lead. Maybe in a larger spectrum of leads the quality wouldve been corrected, but again, for the price, i was left dissapointed at best. i would be open to trying them in the future a 2nd time, but I think I would want the price to come down before I did so.

Did you find another lead vendor

Bob if your leads are better I'm up for trying them and I was told by your former employee to stop w HQ so she must have known something. I love that girl and she wanted to leave HQ for her own reasons. I did not lure her away she was looking because of what was going on....

++++

Was she successful at working any internet leads? Were you? What is your process if you'd care to outline it here.

FYI: Let's think about this for just one minute. Just because a former employee of mine, who worked successfully selling B2Business leads calling on agents tells you she can't make B2C leads work...when thousands of other agents are making them work...does that tell you anything? She was good working with agents & I know she was good at selling insurance, especially at a State Farm agency before coming to work for me. So, does that automatically make her an expert at selling internet leads?
Do you think a small business that started above my garage 11 years ago, and employees almost 40 employees today...do you think we'd still be in business if all we did was sell bad leads? If you think so, then maybe I can interest you in a certain bridge to no-where:)

Seriously, I am sorry you cannot make my leads work. It sounds like you are still looking for the "perfect" lead that sells itself since you are still looking for a lead source. I know all of my competitors & I can assure you...if you can't make my leads work...then you should put your marketing dollars doing something else. In all seriousness. That, or take some time to read/listen to some of the things I've written on "Bob's Blog" on my website. If I was you, I'd pick up the phone and call my office & ask to talk to the Regional Director for TN, I think it is Derrick Laughlin, and ask him for advice. Derrick was a 12+ year Allstate agent, not CSR, before coming to work for me. He knows his stuff when it comes to internet leads.

But, my advice & a buck, won't buy you a cup of coffee from Starbucks!

All the Best in your search for the perfect internet lead. And if you'd like to chat, give me a call or email me. My contact info is in my signature below.

Bob

I know how to work leads and pretty certain writing 60k per month in PC is pretty successful for 2 agents in 1 office. I know leads are not perfect but if we can close 20-28% per month I'm all for it. I'm just seeking to add another vendor. I tried increasing the volume and territory with our current lead provider and have a set zip codes that are working great and the focus for us meaning we don't write crappy pc. So bob I'll throw this back at you. You charge double the price per lead and the closing ratio was well below 10%. In fact it was about 6% being generous. Does that mean we are closing more than half of our leads with current lead provider and my price is $12 per lead compared to HQ of $24 per lead. Seems like you need to work on your affiliates to get you more qualified leads rather than filling the pipe line with junk. Also where are all your happy customers this thread is filled w pissed off people seems like you have an issue you are ignoring? Is that how you setup your company to ignore the unhappy folks due to poor content supplied or are you just focused on a small group of happy clients that buy your leads in certain geographic areas. Sounds like your throwing mud against the wall to see what sticks and if it does you take credit for it??? Hmmm sound familiar?

Back