How long should a new agent stay in an IMO that they think might be failing them

Ok, thanks. I asked because back when I was thinking about that process more carefully I was starting to wonder if I could develop a reasonable plan to split carrier contracts that I might need between two different imo's I was interested in for different reasons.

(And this comment will probably get me in trouble, but I am going to make it anyway. I don't have any money for travel, so I never saw how I could do it, but I also was beginning to think that a really great Medigap training program would be to do some "ride alongs" with you, somarco and kgmom.)

First thing you need to do is get your insurance license. Find out when the next test is and go take it. Then you can go about getting some contracts. Baby Steps!

Ok, thanks. I asked because back when I was thinking about that process more carefully I was starting to wonder if I could develop a reasonable plan to split carrier contracts that I might need between two different imo's I was interested in for different reasons.

(And this comment will probably get me in trouble, but I am going to make it anyway. I don't have any money for travel, so I never saw how I could do it, but I also was beginning to think that a really great Medigap training program would be to do some "ride alongs" with you, somarco and kgmom.)

While that sounds good in theory, there is a major problem with this, and not it isn't the three people you named. Most IMOs that are willing to do true, hands on training will want all the business. Especially if they are providing a lead program as well.

You can argue if that is right or not, but the reality is that is how most IMOs will roll, and if they find out an agent has contracts outside of them, then they will probably the agent off.

Think you would have a hard time doing a "ride along" with Somarco... Believe he does all his by telephone..

While that sounds good in theory, there is a major problem with this, and not it isn't the three people you named. Most IMOs that are willing to do true, hands on training will want all the business. Especially if they are providing a lead program as well.

You can argue if that is right or not, but the reality is that is how most IMOs will roll, and if they find out an agent has contracts outside of them, then they will probably the agent off.
Good point. When I say that about not putting all my eggs in one basket, I'm speaking for myself because I'm not looking for training or a lead program.

Hahaha, I haven't done a ride a long in 20 years. To do that you'd have to go to Illinos, Georgia and Texas. I'm sure you'd enjoy kgmom's ride a long the best, I heard that she's a hottie. :yes:

Well, to get you lined up, I'd have to appeal to your sense of compassion. You would be saving me from a brroken leg. Without your specialized training on pivoting at the front door I would probably wind up facing the wrong way and fall off the porch when I moved on to the combined shuffle.

Well, to get you lined up, I'd have to appeal to your sense of compassion. You would be saving me from a brroken leg. Without your specialized training on pivoting at the front door I would probably wind up facing the wrong way and fall off the porch when I moved on to the combined shuffle.
That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while LD!!! And *ick says you don't add anything to the Forum. :laugh:

Think you would have a hard time doing a "ride along" with Somarco... Believe he does all his by telephone..

:laugh:

Keeping in mind that this is academic because I am not selling and it is also questionable whether those three would even agree to something like that, there are both a serious and a light hearted response to your comment.

The serious response to that is that although that appears to be a rather disparate group of people, after reading posts for awhile I had a serious reason for choosing those three. It goes back to what I think is a flaw in the approach of the fellow who wants to do a low cost Plan N marketing approach.

The light hearted response is "That's why I put quotes around "ride along".

Back