How Reliable is RingCentral's Call Quality ???

was wondering if you guys who are using ring central bough the phone from them. I have seen a very nice selection on phone on there site. They also have those HD phones not sure if they are worth the extra money. I would like to get the hands free headset with it..

I have two of their desk phones but they really are no advantage to any other phone that you get anywhere. If you just get their adapter you can use any desk or cordless phones you already have. They work just as good.

The advantage to buying the phones from them is they come configured and they offer free support. I bought dozens of Polycoms on sale for $99. The trick is to buy the phones when you add the lines and they will discount you on a 12 month contract.

Does anyone use their internet based "Call Controller" to make and receive phone calls from your PC ? How reliable is that ? Is the sound quality good ?

Does anyone use their internet based "Call Controller" to make and receive phone calls from your PC ? How reliable is that ? Is the sound quality good ?

I use it 100 percent of the time...I love it. I have a $40 headset and quality is fine. I also if I go on the road I change the soft phone over to my laptop and my office phone goes on the road with me.

My IMO uses RC. I talk to him often, and wherever he is, it allows calls to be forwarded to his cell. This is very helpful.

Additionally, there's a feature where if someone leaves you a voicemail, RC emails an audio file of your voicemail directly to that person.....which means they get your message before going back to their office (assuming you call when they're out).

The advantage to buying the phones from them is they come configured and they offer free support. I bought dozens of Polycoms on sale for $99. The trick is to buy the phones when you add the lines and they will discount you on a 12 month contract.

What is there to configure? You plug in any phone and it works.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does ring central hook up to your phone outlet in the wall or must you hook up directly with a computer?

I have FIOS for phone, internet, and cable tv.....but I may purchase an 800 line from RC.

I use it 100 percent of the time...I love it. I have a $40 headset and quality is fine. I also if I go on the road I change the soft phone over to my laptop and my office phone goes on the road with me.

OK...Thanks. The PC Based "Call Controller" is what they have been pitching to me. I just wasn't sure I wanted to go from a hard-wired land line to an internet phone that was operating on my laptop - as the main phone line for my business.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does ring central hook up to your phone outlet in the wall or must you hook up directly with a computer?

I have FIOS for phone, internet, and cable tv.....but I may purchase an 800 line from RC.

You plug it into your cable Internet hub. If you use regular phones that plug into regular jacks, they provide you an adapter for that.

I simple forward all my RC calls to my main number. I never use it to make or receive calls through my computer.

Back