Humana Agent Service

Humana Does a lot of things I don't like, For instance, with the esign they have a tech support number, When a client calls they enroll as house account, That kills me

For remote e-signature, I'm assuming it's either FastApp or eHub as the platform.

What do you mean?

- If the client is e-signing remotely and they have a question on how to properly e-sign, Humana lists a tech support number.

- Then if the client calls and gets support, Humana then enrolls them as a house account, cutting you out completely?​

That makes no sense.

Is that what you're saying?

You guys are confused. You realize that the new to Medicare and renewal rates are MAXIMUMS. It’s not the rate they must pay.

Humana used to pay $350 for new to Medicare when everyone else paid $4xx. If you don’t like the contract you signed with a company, don’t write them.

So Humana does the same for you?

What about UHC for you?

So Humana does the same for you?

What about UHC for you?

Yes. That’s the way the pay. It’s what we all agreed to. They can pay us anything up to the max.

When I read this thread earlier I thought the other person was saying that Humana doesn’t pay the normal 50% renewal rate. They do. They just pay the year that you write it in. Some companies pay the new rate.

At a Wellcare meeting last year, we were told that they pay the new renewal rate unlike other companies. Does that mean I’ll write them more? Nope.
Humana and UHC are huge here. They get a lot of my biz.

For remote e-signature, I'm assuming it's either FastApp or eHub as the platform.

What do you mean?

- If the client is e-signing remotely and they have a question on how to properly e-sign, Humana lists a tech support number.

- Then if the client calls and gets support, Humana then enrolls them as a house account, cutting you out completely?​

That makes no sense.

Fast App if they call tech support They will enroll as a house account.

After I had this happen 2x Times I tried to make sure everyone does not do that, However one AEP, I had a funeral to go to, I had a Long time client Could only sign from the duaghters house and she was only going to be there when I was at the funeral

She forgot I told her not to call that number and they took it as house account, I fought it, I had to prove past policies, Times and dates we spoke about plan emails where I sent Sum of benefits, and get a letter written and signed by the client,

After all that, And full 2 months fighting

They awarded me renewal as of the 2nd year, Not the 1st and after the 2nd year renewals they stopped when I called said only get 2nd year not 3rd and forward

What do you mean?

That makes no sense.

Correct!

Humana. The anti-agent company.

You guys are confused. You realize that the new to Medicare and renewal rates are MAXIMUMS. It’s not the rate they must pay.

Humana used to pay $350 for new to Medicare when everyone else paid $4xx. If you don’t like the contract you signed with a company, don’t write them.

We're not confused. That's what this thread was about from the get-go; the fact that Humana refuses to pay full MAX comp on renewals. What's confusing about that?

You have proven the overriding point beyond dispute when you remind us how Humana once paid less than current max even in plan year one.

When you say if you don't like the contract you sign with a company, don't write them - that is oversimplified. With Humana's agreement up front, they never tell you what they are going to pay on renewals. They never state "we only pay renewals based on year in which plan is written" or anything remotely resembling that.

What Humana does is even more egregious. They CHANGE the contract EVERY YEAR.

Producer Partnership Plan. Ever heard of that? It's their annual update to let you know what they have graciously decided to pay you for renewals for the upcoming year. It has no guaranteed tie to anything in the past. There have in fact been years in which they lowered comp from previous years.

NOBODY NOTICES.
NOBODY CARES.

I would take your assessment one step further and say, if you don't like the way a company treats you, don't do business with them.

That's the plan. They are NOT going to change.

We're not confused. That's what this thread was about from the get-go; the fact that Humana refuses to pay full MAX comp on renewals. What's confusing about that?

You have proven the overriding point beyond dispute when you remind us how Humana once paid less than current max even in plan year one.

When you say if you don't like the contract you sign with a company, don't write them - that is oversimplified. With Humana's agreement up front, they never tell you what they are going to pay on renewals. They never state "we only pay renewals based on year in which plan is written" or anything remotely resembling that.

What Humana does is even more egregious. They CHANGE the contract EVERY YEAR.

Producer Partnership Plan. Ever heard of that? It's their annual update to let you know what they have graciously decided to pay you for renewals for the upcoming year. It has no guaranteed tie to anything in the past. There have in fact been years in which they lowered comp from previous years.

NOBODY NOTICES.
NOBODY CARES.

I would take your assessment one step further and say, if you don't like the way a company treats you, don't do business with them.

That's the plan. They are NOT going to change.

I agree. I write uhc and Humana often because if I do a MAPD plan, it’s usually best for the client. Not my pocket.

What I’d be interested in knowing if and when we get a decrease in commissions from the govt, do we get the old higher amount?

Fast App if they call tech support They will enroll as a house account.

After I had this happen 2x Times I tried to make sure everyone does not do that, However one AEP, I had a funeral to go to, I had a Long time client Could only sign from the duaghters house and she was only going to be there when I was at the funeral

She forgot I told her not to call that number and they took it as house account, I fought it, I had to prove past policies, Times and dates we spoke about plan emails where I sent Sum of benefits, and get a letter written and signed by the client,

After all that, And full 2 months fighting

They awarded me renewal as of the 2nd year, Not the 1st and after the 2nd year renewals they stopped when I called said only get 2nd year not 3rd and forward
That's BS!!! You shouldn't have to fight for your commissions, or worry about them stealing the clients you bring them. Personally, I'd never use them(if I did MA/PDP any more) after they stole from me(same with a FMO). :no::mad:

That's BS!!! You shouldn't have to fight for your commissions or worry about them stealing the clients you bring them. Personally, I'd never use them(if I did MA/PDP any more). :no::mad:

Regardless of all the problems I still make money with them, I run into enough that only want Humana and nothing else, That it pays to sell them

I don't push them, However, Not going to stop selling them when I get 20 or so deals a year with them when I try not to sell them. They do stay on the books well too

Back