Humana Agent Service

Regardless of all the problems I still make money with them, I run into enough that only want Humana and nothing else, That it pays to sell them

I don't push them, However, Not going to stop selling them when I get 20 or so deals a year with them when I try not to sell them. They do stay on the books well too
So, you're saying that Humana's like a woman? :huh:

Can't live with them...can't live without them. :twitchy:

This is how I see it. Each year these UHC and Humana put out a new schedule of commissions. It plainly states what 1st year and renewals will be. No, it doesn't say anything about them paying ONLY for the year in which it was originally written, but it doesn't say anything about increasing the renewals each year either. So, if you look at this simply, those schedules tell you exactly what you will get when you write a plan in the current year and what the renewal will be.

I agree. I write uhc and Humana often because if I do a MAPD plan, it’s usually best for the client. Not my pocket.

What I’d be interested in knowing if and when we get a decrease in commissions from the govt, do we get the old higher amount?

Nope. That actually has happened. I'd have to review the schedules to verify the year but it was around 2012 or 2013. CMS reduced the max and Humana abruptly reduced what it was paying from the prior year and never bumped it back up!

This is how I see it. Each year these UHC and Humana put out a new schedule of commissions. It plainly states what 1st year and renewals will be. No, it doesn't say anything about them paying ONLY for the year in which it was originally written, but it doesn't say anything about increasing the renewals each year either. So, if you look at this simply, those schedules tell you exactly what you will get when you write a plan in the current year and what the renewal will be.

That’s the way I see it. But I can see how the other people look at it too, I just never saw it that way.
Wellcare just says, “we don’t pay like the other companies, we pay you the higher amount”.
I always took that as, Wellcare has a lot of issues and has to do something to get agents to write them.

I disagree on your last point only. How does a Humana contract tell you what the renewals will be? It's completely vague on that point.

All they're really saying is, we'll let you know from year to year what we decide to pay you.

There is NO reason to conduct business that way on Humana's part. Brokers have an absolute right to know what is reasonably expected from year to year.

Further, there is no logical or financial reason why Humana and UHC cannot simply agree to pay current FMV year to year. The only reason they don't is internal greed. Typical of a stock company beholden to its stockholders.

Correct!

Humana. The anti-agent company.

How does UHC pay you on renewals? Same as Humana?

---------

The problem is in certain areas, UHC and Humana are huge for MAPD. There's no choice but to write them if doing MAPD. And in these areas, it's mostly MAPD.

That's BS!!! You shouldn't have to fight for your commissions, or worry about them stealing the clients you bring them. Personally, I'd never use them(if I did MA/PDP any more) after they stole from me(same with a FMO). :no::mad:

Agree.

But the problem is in certain areas, UHC and Humana are huge for MAPD. There's no choice but to write them if doing MAPD. And in these areas, it's mostly MAPD.

Fast App if they call tech support They will enroll as a house account.

After I had this happen 2x Times I tried to make sure everyone does not do that, However one AEP, I had a funeral to go to, I had a Long time client Could only sign from the duaghters house and she was only going to be there when I was at the funeral

She forgot I told her not to call that number and they took it as house account, I fought it, I had to prove past policies, Times and dates we spoke about plan emails where I sent Sum of benefits, and get a letter written and signed by the client,

After all that, And full 2 months fighting

They awarded me renewal as of the 2nd year, Not the 1st and after the 2nd year renewals they stopped when I called said only get 2nd year not 3rd and forward

That's not acceptable. Of course you fight it.

I would also get cozy with the local rep so in times like that, they could also help you instead of just dealing with the support people by phone.
--------
Some clients are tech-illiterate and have to be coached like a child on how to complete the remote app. And later on... how to find a provider, etc.

We have to be on the phone with them while they complete the app. And it's not a bad idea to even send them screenshots of what they'll see and how to proceed. Or even a video overview.

The problem is sometimes you can't get to the final steps of the remote signing unless you knew someone else and recorded what they did so you can see how it is. Although some of the carrier guides have screenshot and videos.

Latest posts

Back