MAPD Comissions

Last year was my first AEP and I wrote around 60 MAPDs. I put 95% of my business with UnitedHealthcare. They are paying full, “new to Medicare” commissions for people who switched from a PDP Plan to MA.

I notice that Humana does not pay out like this. I called Humana and asked them about it, they didn’t have an answer. I thought all carriers pay the same per CMS rules. What’s your experience?

In my experience no one paid new to Medicare commission for a pdp to MAPD since about 3 years ago. Good to hear that uhc is doing that if true, but no one else does.

Last year was my first AEP and I wrote around 60 MAPDs. I put 95% of my business with UnitedHealthcare. They are paying full, “new to Medicare” commissions for people who switched from a PDP Plan to MA.

I notice that Humana does not pay out like this. I called Humana and asked them about it, they didn’t have an answer. I thought all carriers pay the same per CMS rules. What’s your experience?

All my carriers (which include Humana & UHC) would pay new to Medicare rate for a PDP to MA switch.. . Assuming a Jan start date.
Like plan to plan switch is half the rate and prorated if it's during the yr. New to Medicare or unlike plan to plan switch pays new Medicare rate & prorated if during the yr. Been like this since start of 2017 I believe.

All carriers typically pay the first Monday in January initial commission and true ups a week or so later. I have never been disappointed!!! Good luck! I hope you write 100. I wrote 60 last AEP and I got $20,000 last January.

All carriers typically pay the first Monday in January initial commission and true ups a week or so later. I have never been disappointed!!! Good luck! I hope you write 100. I wrote 60 last AEP and I got $20,000 last January.

Did uhc stop paying immediately? I don’t think I wrote them at all last aep so I don’t know. But they have a new ppo here that I’ll write some of. Sucks they all moved to Jan now.

Did uhc stop paying immediately? I don’t think I wrote them at all last aep so I don’t know. But they have a new ppo here that I’ll write some of. Sucks they all moved to Jan now.

I only got paid immediately 2 years ago not last year

Last year it outlined this in the AHIP materials somewhere, the carriers have the option to pay "new to medicare" commissions in the situation you described. I know you are correct in stating that UHC does it. It sucks learning the hard way who doesn't. I'm not sure if the AHIP addressed it this year, because I didnt read the materials before taking the test this time.

Back