Math Doesn't Lie

I admire you for hanging in there when so many people want nothing to do with you, but still, can't you just go away???????

Rob,

My opinion reflects the fact that numbers are sometimes hard to follow. If I gave it half the attn needed for me to comprehend, my brain would ache terribly. I might get nothing else done for hours after.

The posts from others quickly indicated similar distance. That helped me . Noticing your encouragement was noted early also .

Sure , there is something for everyone here and I have heard of insurance being MLM designed and similar to network marketing.

I have no problems as long as credibility and honesty is premium. Unfortunately , most recruiters seem to sell to greed. I buy based on greed a lot less than I used to.

I did not mean to sound negative but probably thought at the time, my opinion was more useful than it turned out to be.

Thanks,

Slim

All good my Brother, all good.
;)

This statement really makes no sense whatsoever. If you can't sell, then how can you teach someone to sell? How would you know what even works?

Not really. A couple of sports analogies;

Bill Bellichick "knows what works" - but was never much of a football player.

Tony LaRussa was a VERY marginal major-league player - yet is one of the winningest baseball managers of all time.

You're talking about two very distinct, different skill sets...

The best producers/players/performers ALWAYS make more than the best managers/teachers/coaches.

Like most things involving capitalism, it's about supply and demand.

I agree but I'm not sure where else it rings true other than sports:
  • If you don't know how to fix a car, you can't teach someone how to be a mechanic.
  • If you don't know how to paint, you can't teach someone to be an artist.
  • If you can't speak a foreign language, you can't teach someone else to.
  • If you don't know how to sell, you can't teach someone else to sell, just look around, it's like the blind leading the blind.
Not really. A couple of sports analogies;

Bill Bellichick "knows what works" - but was never much of a football player.

Tony LaRussa was a VERY marginal major-league player - yet is one of the winningest baseball managers of all time.

You're talking about two very distinct, different skill sets...

The best producers/players/performers ALWAYS make more than the best managers/teachers/coaches.

Like most things involving capitalism, it's about supply and demand.

We can theorize all we want, but after almost twenty years in this business as a producer/wholesaler/trainer/manager, etc., here's what I've discovered is a universal truth:

The top producer is the most powerful, and best compensated cog in the wheel. Certainly, money is not everything, but it is the accepted method for keeping score.

Good producers are more rare, and therefore make more money, than any trainer, manager, coach, RVP, EVP, SVP or whathaveyou...

I agree but I'm not sure where else it rings true other than sports:
  • If you don't know how to fix a car, you can't teach someone how to be a mechanic.
  • If you don't know how to paint, you can't teach someone to be an artist.
  • If you can't speak a foreign language, you can't teach someone else to.
  • If you don't know how to sell, you can't teach someone else to sell, just look around, it's like the blind leading the blind.

The analogies are good, but I must agree that most people that teach in my organization don't know how to sell either. They think they do because they took some classes, but very few have real world experience. The ones that do have been removed for long enough that times have changed and they still are doing it the old way.

I know plenty of teachers (aka management) that don't have a clue what they are talking about. We have plenty of teachers (aka management) in our organization that couldn't make it in sales and went into management.

I'm sure you are the exception. Hats off to you if you are a great trainer. We really need some.......:)

The analogies are good, but I must agree that most people that teach in my organization don't know how to sell either. They think they do because they took some classes, but very few have real world experience. The ones that do have been removed for long enough that times have changed and they still are doing it the old way.

I know plenty of teachers (aka management) that don't have a clue what they are talking about. We have plenty of teachers (aka management) in our organization that couldn't make it in sales and went into management.

I'm sure you are the exception. Hats off to you if you are a great trainer. We really need some.......:)

I think it's sad that people are allowed to remain in a situation like that.

Are they successful at training?
Does anyone even respect them?
Do they do sales training meetings or just monitor self sufficient agents?

So just for arguments sake, the PJ man has about 20 students a month at $5000 a pop, what agent/top producer is pulling in $100K monthly?

We can theorize all we want, but after almost twenty years in this business as a producer/wholesaler/trainer/manager, etc., here's what I've discovered is a universal truth:

The top producer is the most powerful, and best compensated cog in the wheel. Certainly, money is not everything, but it is the accepted method for keeping score.

Good producers are more rare, and therefore make more money, than any trainer, manager, coach, RVP, EVP, SVP or whathaveyou...

Back