Objections

Tx249

Expert
There are at least 5 big objections that seniors use to try and keep from doing business today. And you had better figure out how you are going to overcome those objections ahead of time.

Has someone talked about these five big objections and some of the better responses to them? I am in the final expense arena, but would guess these apply to most if not all areas.

I don't need that!

I don't have any money.

I need to think about it.

I didn't sent that card to anyone.

That's four, am I close to the five main ones? What's some more?

Also one response to I don't need that, is:

Of course Mr. Smith, you don't need that, and that's a good thing. Do you know how difficult it would be to get if you needed it?

What are some more objections and how do you respond to them?

I want to talk it over with my "Daughter/ Son"

I do not want to do bank draft... No one is getting into my account.

I want to look around a little bit more.

I have got some (money/Cd's) in the bank to pay for my funeral. So I don't need that...

Just a few more to add to the list above.

I want to talk it over with my "Daughter/ Son"

Good Idea, you go ahead and ask your Son/Daughter if it's ok to do this, and I will go ask my Son/Daughter if it's ok for me to sell this to you. Then tomorrow, maybe we can get together man to man and get this done!

Think that would work?

I actually closed an oil/gas deal once when the guy said he needed to talk it over with his wife, and I told him ok, you go ask your wife if you can buy this and I will go ask my wife if I can sell it to you, and we can then get together and talk man to man and decide what to do.

I then just laughed with him and told him really, don't expect to talk this over with your wife, you really don't know enough to answer her question. Get with your wife, and get on the phone with me and we will explain how this works. It worked!

Good Idea, you go ahead and ask your Son/Daughter if it's ok to do this, and I will go ask my Son/Daughter if it's ok for me to sell this to you. Then tomorrow, maybe we can get together man to man and get this done!

Think that would work?

Not as often as you would like... I will PM you some contact info and maybe we can speak on the phone next week.

Bunch of cowards out there.

Can anyone else out there answer one objection? There are what, eight of them. Another one would be

I already have life insurance. So now there are nine.

I'll tackle another one,
I do not want to do bank draft... No one is getting into my account.

You know, that's exactly how I feel, and that's why we set this up so your bank sends us the money. We can not get into your bank account.

And think about this, what if something did happen to you and you were in the hospital and then maybe a nursing home recovering. No one knew to catch your plan and it lapsed, especially when you need it the most. So, let's let your bank take care of it for you.

Now what's your social security number (As you are filling out the app) If He/She gives it to you, you are pretty much done.

Last edited:
Wow, this board has really evolved since I stumbled acrossed it a year ago. It use to be full of agents... Now just a bunch of "know-nothing" marketers.
:no:

TX249 you started a good thread... I would have thought it would have taken off...

"I have money in CD's / bank for funeral..."

Feel, felt, found...

I understand how you feel, Mr Jones felt the same way. He had money in several CD's, but when he examined the costs of a funeral for him and his wife, and compared it with the money he has saved, he found that having a burial policy for the two of them would relieve alot of financial stress; especially for Mrs. Jones. The CD's and money saved were originally meant for extended living expenses, healthcare and travel to enjoy their retirement... not to pay for a funeral. So having a good policy in place meant peace of mind to know that his savings wouldn't be depleted and Mrs. Jones could still live comfortably without him.

I've used that angle before. Not verbatim, but something to that effect.

To the bank draft objection.

I explain to them that it will cost them more to receive a monthly bill and it protects them from lapsing.

To looking around a little bit more.

I tell them that I am an independent agent and that it is my job to do the shopping for them.

Of course I mainly sell med supps. Another thing that I have found is that if people keep giving you objections sometimes it is better to move on than to push for the sale and get a charge back.

Back