Senior Life Insurance Company Info

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

Anybody have the rates and they can compare or give some examples of their preferred, standard, etc. rates? (Other than super preferred)

Also what is their niche if anything?

What are the rates for their "easy issue" like 2 questions only plan and how does it compare with others like it?

Are their TV leads any good?

Thanks!

CALTCAgent said:
Hello,

Anybody have the rates and they can compare or give some examples of their preferred, standard, etc. rates? (Other than super preferred)

Also what is their niche if anything?

What are the rates for their "easy issue" like 2 questions only plan and how does it compare with others like it?

Are their TV leads any good?

Thanks!

Their niche is for people who don't like AM Best ratings and haven't compared rates at all.

I really thought this tread was a joke like when rousemark was going on and on about picking LH or SL...guess not?

I had them call me, saying they had my resume, I don't think I ever posted it though, unless its over 10 years old.

I listened to their pitch.

I am trying to see if they have a niche in the market.

They heavily pitched the TV leads. Sounds shaky as they can't guarantee a set amount each week or really any details about them.

Senior Life of Thomasville GA does a considerable amount of
F E business over the phone.

Their website describes the additional equipment you need to sell over the phone, in addition to obtaining out of state licxenses in several states.

They also do "face to face" selling, but their specialty is phone selling. The founder used to be a "debit agent" and left that yewars ago to start his own company.

you will only be successful with senior life, if you clients aren't speaking with any other agents. Otherwise, 9 out of 10 times, your pricing will not be competitive...

Interesting.

The recruiting agent never told me phone sales were a big part of the business. Probably because I let them know I am not interested in selling final expense on the phone, as my main business.

Also very hesitant to give me any quotes. Did give me super preferred rates. I notice a big haircut on SP comp., plus not realistic I'll have lots of super preferred. told me rate book is 125 pages and just can't e-mail it to me.

The contract says they own the clients and if any replacement by me, they keep my renewals.

Needless to say, I didn't like the wording of the contract. I don't think thats typical wording for an independent agent final expense contract, is it?

Still searching for why I need them.

Last edited:
Interesting.

The recruiting agent never told me phone sales were a big part of the business. Probably because I let them know I am not interested in selling final expense on the phone, as my main business.

Also very hesitant to give me any quotes. Did give me super preferred rates. I notice a big haircut on SP comp., plus not realistic I'll have lots of super preferred. told me rate book is 125 pages and just can't e-mail it to me.

The contract says they own the clients and if any replacement by me, they keep my renewals.

Needless to say, I didn't like the wording of the contract. I don't think thats typical wording for an independent agent final expense contract, is it?

If you are willing to write for a company that is not AMBest rated which is the case with SL, then you should look at Standard Life and Casualty. They have some of the best rates out there.. In fact, on most occasions they will quote better than any of the other companies listed on FEXquotes.

Interesting.

That's not true...I was Appointed with senior life for about 5 days, and was emailed rates...Whoever your speaking with isn't shooting you straight

Back