Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
same thing that's happened to a few of my GR clients who got rammed with rate increases

Having trouble following Paul's train of thought, John?

It is not about rate increases or any of the other smoke screens you are throwing up.

The point of contention is lesser coverage for the same or a higher price.

I would never in a million years offer a client substandard coverage when coverage without limitations is available at the same or lower price saying that underwriting isn't an issue. I can count on one had the number of plans I've sold with "Right" in it and in every case there were zero other options and also in those cases the clients had no current coverage. These are also normally cases when other carriers won't even take the conditions AND money is an issue.

Having trouble following Paul's train of thought, John?

It is not about rate increases or any of the other smoke screens you are throwing up.

The point of contention is lesser coverage for the same or a higher price.

Weren't you the guy who was gonna sell Assurant STM and to this out-of-country athlete and probably wind up getting sued? Lol. Go read your agent guide and preach to someone else. Are you sure you sell health insurance?

The same thing that's happened to a few of my GR clients who got rammed with rate increases, have since contracted a medical condition so I can't put them anywhere else, they could no longer afford the GR rate and the state plan doesn't take them - they're screwed.

So this doesn't happen with Assurant?

10% Healthy Discount doesn't apply (this is a Florida case we're talking about). Both have rate increases of about 23% after first twelve months, and then similar increases at six month intervals.

So if the client is stuck due to medical condition (FL risk pool hasn't been funded since '91), where are they better off?

Assurant - (Right Start HSA PPO) $41,000 of claim not covered. Out of pocket expense (pretty big one too!) for the client.

UHC/GR - Claim covered in full.

I'm no big fan of Golden Rule, but this one is a no-brainer.

Mike Golden1 is the one that should be answering these questions, but he's probably busy updating his software!

Just for full disclosure and transparency purposes, is he appointed for Assurant under you John?

See - this was the problem with the other board. It just goes on and on and on and on with no end in site. Mike's appointed under me for Time, as well as many others on this board. Mike's also been in the insurance biz far longer than me. Hey.....can we make this go another 40 posts? Would it change anything?

I don't see a problem. If there's an end, there's no board.

Is full disclosure and transparency a problem?

Isn't the board designed for spirited discussion and professional discourse?

I have raised a handful of legitimate professional questions in this thread, but haven't received an answer to any of them. Lots of dancing...no answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back