The I Love Door Knocking "December to Remember" Christmas Extravaganza Thread (powered by bacon)

What was Saturday’s date? What month we trying to remember? Seven days to a week, brother:

1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28

I know it’s math, but try to keep up, dude

It's counts for December, sure. But in the United States, the first day of the week is standardized to Sunday. It's not math. I'll get you a calendar for Christmas.

"According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day. Although this is the international standard, several countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia consider Sunday as the start of the week."

First Day of the Week in Different Countries

It's counts for December, sure. But in the United States, the first day of the week is standardized to Sunday. It's not math. I'll get you a calendar for Christmas.

"According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day. Although this is the international standard, several countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia consider Sunday as the start of the week."

True. But for many years as a captive agent we had our weekly sales reporting meetings on Friday morning. That meant that any sales I got on Friday or Saturday got included in the next week's totals. (I still kind of think that way all these years later. No more sales meetings for me, but I still generally reserve Friday morning for admin tasks.)

And, the year starts in January but a person or company's fiscal year might start in June... The same with a fiscal week, it can begin on any day you choose.. As shonceman said, when I was in the debit business, the new week week as far as production count always began Friday and ran through Thursday. .

Your own "evidence" shows that a week can begin with whatever day one chooses

And, the year starts in January but a person or company's fiscal year might start in June... The same with a fiscal week, it can begin on any day you choose.. As shonceman said, when I was in the debit business, the new week week as far as production count always began Friday and ran through Thursday. .
Hey, I just pushed the like button on your post and a pop up appeared asking, "Are you sure you want to like this post?" Is there something we should know, Louis?

Speaking of calendars,in the US, most would agree that the year runs January to December, and yet the US Government runs its fiscal year October - September.

In the insurance business, KSKJ, as an example, runs its year for agent awards December - November, I believe.

I worked for two different car dealers when I was in the car business, and neither one ran the sales week Monday-Saturday (for one pay week ran Thursday - Wednesday, and the other ran Tuesday - Monday).

Look, December started on a Saturday. Had the first been either Sunday or Monday, it would have worked out for you. But it started on Saturday. So in my mind a week is Saturday through Friday. Tomorrow (Saturday) = new leads = new week. Had it started on Wednesday, then a week, for the purpose of what I am trying to track and accomplish, would have been Wednesday through the following Tuesday.

Are you telling that if an another agent had called his leads on the phone last Saturday for appointment this week, he is "justified," in your mind, to count those sales for this week, but since I went out last Saturday and set immediate appointments at the door, mine do not count? That just sounds arbitrary and capricious.

And what do I do with those sales then? Does Saturday December 1st thus become a "one day work week?"

If we agree that there are 7 days in a week, does it really matter which 7 days I group into a "week" of activity? So long as I am consistent, no one should have a problem with it. If we agree that there are 7 days in a week, then it is math:

1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28

Here is another head scratcher for you: I have jury duty on Tuesday the 18t, so that will throw the week out of whack. Then, I am taking off Christmas day - another whack. But fortunately we have Saturday the 29th and Monday the 31st, so everything will even out in the end.

Last edited:
Today: 9 AM to 7:30 PM, 18 doors, 5 sits, 0 apps ... just part of the process

For the WEEK* ...

81 Doors Knocked (-27 off planned pace)
23 Sits (slightly ahead of pace)
17 apps (ahead of pace)
$993.57 in monthly premium = $11,922.84 AP (not too shabby my best WEEK ever)

Of the 81 doors:

12 were pre-set appointments, with 5 no shows, 7 sits, and 5 sales
1 was a referral from a policy delivery for 2 sales
10 sales from door knocks

The real heavy hitters in my IMO repeatedly and consistently tells us rookies that to do 5 figures in a week, the key is to sit down at the kitchen table with a minimum of 20 folks to talk about life insurance ... every week.

I had 23 this week, and did break into that 5 figure production mark.

The challenge is thus to keep the activity level high enough to get 20 or more opportunity's to do a final expense sales presentation.

First door tomorrow at 9 AM and last door at 12 noon - my wife is bringing my daughter home from college tonight, and we have some prior family plans I must attend (and wouldn't miss, quite frankly).

I decided to raise the "December to Remember Goal" to $2000 in monthly premium. I want to stretch myself farther, and let's face it: When you write that much premium, some is bound to fail to reach issue/paid status either by declines, NSF, not takens, etc. If I write $2000 in monthly premium, even if a full 10% fails to issue/paid, given my levels on the carriers I am using, I should still see close to $20,000 in deposits between 12/01/2018 and 01/31/2019 based on this months activity alone ... and if I could string a few months like that together ... I could go on the filet mignon diet :yes:

12-07-2018.jpg

*You may define your week's starting point and end point differently from me - but in all cases, a "week" is defined as 7 consecutive days, unless a holiday or jury duty intervenes, in which sace that day is "removed from the calendar, and the 7 day count resumes on the next field day. That's how I am doing it, at any rate.

Last edited:
1-7
8-14
15-21
22-28

If days 1-7 are always week 1, since it's a new month, and days 22-28 are always week 4, then what do you do with the 29th, 30th and 31st, 1st, 2nd & 3rd & 4th? Are they two separate weeks? On one hand your logic would indicate the next new week starts on the 1st, and since it's a different month, it's a different week. Leaving the 29th, 30th and 31st as week 5 of the previous month. On the other hand, you pointed out earlier that there's 7 days to a week. So which is it?
Hope you enjoyed your rib eye.
-big rob

Back