UHL - 2019 Trip - Malta

Fair enough, kskj takes everything but for those of us that don’t have those UHL works great.

I had UHL for about 5 or 6 years. I might have sent them 35 deals. I usually used them with Diabetics on insulin with a few toes cut off. I found most people did not qualify premier. I absolutely hated their PHI. I had several times where they were browbeating the clients because they could not remember when and why they last saw their DR.

I also found that if you called them for servicing you had 15 to 20 minute hold times. When you did get through to them you often got fed misinformation.

Agents are making it sound like they always do what's best for the client. I call BS on that one. First off what's best for the client is not always clear. If I have a client who can save 10% by using Foresters over lets say SNL. I would always recommend going to SNL. They are much easier to deal with, they answer the phone and you don't have to put a client through a long PHI. I very rarely let my income dictate where I send someone. Yet I hear agents all the time do just that.

I have many deals that I could send to SNL or KSKJ. Kskj is almost always cheaper but I feel more comfortable with SNL. Often times KSKJ will buy level, or same day coverage when SNL will not. In my experience they are both great companies with very good rates and they are easy to deal with after the policy takes affect. I am not a fan of PHI's. After they agree to make the purchase I like to do a little warm down and then get the hell out of there. With KSKJ I find long wait times for getting approvals. Usually that is not a problem because if I write them on the 15th. The first payment doesn't usually come out until the 3rd or 5th. If I want to get paid quickly I use SNL. Less hassle, easier to get bought and you get your decision quicker. KSKJ seems to use more common sense and will take a closer look at apps that are on the fence. SNL seems to be more rigid and cut and dry.

I made both trips last year and intend upon making both trips this year. When it gets down to crunch time I will without a doubt send the client where it will do me the most good when other things being mostly equal. I have no problem with that and I sleep very well at night.

I had UHL for about 5 or 6 years. I might have sent them 35 deals. I usually used them with Diabetics on insulin with a few toes cut off. I found most people did not qualify premier. I absolutely hated their PHI. I had several times where they were browbeating the clients because they could not remember when and why they last saw their DR

90% of my business with them was Premier. There PHI is 10-12min, they ask MD’s name but never ask about last visit. Your clearly bias against POS calls and that’s fine. But leaving knowing there approved is not such a bad thing.

From what I remember UHL does not give you an approval after the PHI. They tell you it appears they might qualify for what you are applying for. That is also true with KSKJ.

I remember when I first met tommy at SNL. I expressed my dislike of not being able to call them in while taking the app. After doing it both ways I would much rather take my chances and leave without spending 10 to 20 minutes on the PHI.

If I have a doubt on how it will be approved, I close them on a best case/worst case scenario. I get them to agree to accept those numbers. If I have to go back I go back. Often times I will have them sign a blank app if I think I may have to switch companies.

I lead with a non-pos carrier but leaving with a decision is espically key to a new agent. What does SNL pay for there GI option, and is there a rule like settlers bronze on percent of biz you send them?

technically its not a GI but they do buy pretty deep. I don't really know what it pays. I know it pays better than Gerber and the points apply toward their trips, which have been very enjoyable. guessing maybe 65 to 80%?

I lead with a non-pos carrier but leaving with a decision is espically key to a new agent. What does SNL pay for there GI option, and is there a rule like settlers bronze on percent of biz you send them?

Security National Life does not have a guaranteed issue, they have a graded product, but it’s not a true graded, it’s return of premium +10 percent

so the real difference is Gerber asks no questions and SNL does? They both pay out the same. What is the difference in chargebacks for death or non payment? I do understand these are things I should know. At my age I have a hard enough time remembering where I left my car.

Back