UPS RETIREES GOING THROUGH AON

And it informs us that the retiree should already have received information which they could share with their insurance agent, if they have not already discarded it.

You do realize that a brochure from AON sent out in a mass mailing will probably not have in bold on Page 32 that if they buy their insurance through an outside agency that the HRA account will still be fully funded and easily accessible, so the retiree should have no concerns.

Why highlight the back door when you can have a monopoly?

None of which, shockingly, answers the question.

All of which is quite elementary and already known by the OP (most likely).

It's like answering any detailed or complex medicare question with the advice, "You know, you can create an account online. Oh, and you can even call 1-800-Medicare."

The person who is most able to help op get the answers op needs to help a potential client is the potential client themselves. Op indicated publicly available information online seemed to be pretty sparse, so I provided that link. I suspect all the contract information is hidden behind that AON login screen for a UPS retiree.

If you think the UPS AON information is easily available in a more public fashion, quit filling the thread with tirades and provide the specific answers to op's questions yourself.

Just seems like AON's getting paid twice. Once by the employer and again by what they make selling the retirees over priced products. The retirees end up taking it in the shorts on anything they HAVE to purchase through AON.

Bingo.

They do get paid twice.

And the retirees take it in the shorts. Limited options. High priced Medigap and PDP. Plus they are getting advice from $17 reps who completed 2 weeks training on how to work the computer.

This overview of retiree HRA's might offer some insight
https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/documents/news/conferences/2014/aca/Kaplan.pdf

QUICK search turned up links that may or may not answer the question. If you can find forums where former employees gripe about benefits that might help.

UPS Retirement Topics

ups retirement health ins

https://hr.nd.edu/assets/111631/prem_only_monthly_insert.pdf

Last edited:
Bingo.

They do get paid twice.

And the retirees take it in the shorts. Limited options. High priced Medigap and PDP. Plus they are getting advice from $17 reps who completed 2 weeks training on how to work the computer.

This overview of retiree HRA's might offer some insight
https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/documents/news/conferences/2014/aca/Kaplan.pdf

QUICK search turned up links that may or may not answer the question. If you can find forums where former employees gripe about benefits that might help.

UPS Retirement Topics

ups retirement health ins

https://hr.nd.edu/assets/111631/prem_only_monthly_insert.pdf
This line jumped out at me in one of the links.>>> "A new contract can toss out old promises." So true and you can't say it any simpler than that. :yes:

Yeah will all due respect guys I’ve already read up on all this stuff. A few quick google searches led me to all these links. I understand this is my problem and I have to figure it out, it just amazes me I literally can’t find anything on the internet regarding this subject. Not a thread, not on the Aon site, nothing. IF it works like most aon retirement plans, they will have the option to keep one with aon and take the other out, but obviously I can’t just guess on that.

Too bad LD thinks every answer can be found by a quick google search.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer as I've not run into this scenario.

Yeah will all due respect guys I’ve already read up on all this stuff. A few quick google searches led me to all these links. I understand this is my problem and I have to figure it out, it just amazes me I literally can’t find anything on the internet regarding this subject. Not a thread, not on the Aon site, nothing. IF it works like most aon retirement plans, they will have the option to keep one with aon and take the other out, but obviously I can’t just guess on that.

It still looks to me like asking your potential client for help in accessing the information would be the most simple and direct approach to getting what you need.

Does anyone know if UPS retirees have to use AON in order to get their reimbursement? Or is it similar to one exchange where you only have to have ONE piece of coverage (medical or prescription). I’m looking to take someone’s supplement out to the open market, and leave their prescription drug plan with AON but only if they will continue to receive their reimbursement.

They can choose to enroll outside of AON or not. They can enroll in Medical and/or a drug plan with or outside of AON. Different rules for different companies for the HRA.

They can choose to enroll outside of AON or not. They can enroll in Medical and/or a drug plan with or outside of AON. Different rules for different companies for the HRA.

The question is not whether they have the ability to enroll in a plan outside of Aon.

The question is can they enroll outside of Aon and still qualify for the HRA contribution.

Legally, they should not be restricted to just Aon. But until someone challenges the "handcuffs" they will have to follow the rules.

Whatever they are . . .

Back