Winning MAPD Business ?

You know what I don't think I run into this that much, After thinking back I don't think I had to explain how I get paid to an MA person more than a medsupp person which is rare, All I have ever said in that regard is I am paid by the ins company you choose based on your enrollment through me.

Of course, I do beforehand go over the difference between MA and Med Supp in which I explain the MA is where the Insurance company is paid by SS in order to Pay the medical expense instead of Medicare paying, Not just the $134 but you have paid into Medicare all your life. Most reasonable people understand this, If they didn't not sure I would want to sign them anyway
Recently I met with a couple that are already my clients. I moved them from one Med Supp to another and with the savings they were able to add a DVH and a cancer policy.

When we got done she thanked me for doing all of that for them. Then she said she felt bad that I spent all that time helping them and offered to pay me for my time. I assured her that I get paid, and every time they pay their premium I get paid a little bit for helping them whenever they need me. I think that was the 3rd time I've had to explain that to a client..very rare.

Very profitable...almost $1,500 FYC, a big piece of German Chocolate cake to take home and a nice testamonial for my website. :yes:

Very profitable...almost $1,500 FYC, a big piece of German Chocolate cake to take home and a nice testamonial for my website

You embellished the story and the testimonial is completely fabricated.

Your website is probably fictitious as well.

Never trust a monkey.

Especially if they smoke dope.

My guess is the cake was store bought, not home made. And not made with real Germans.

I'm in Tampa,FL, some companies will pay commission if you replace with a different plan type by that same company. For example, if you replace an HMO with another HMO by that co they will not pay comm., but if you replace and HMO with a PPO they would pay comm. However each MA company has their own rules about that. Sometimes the client can just write a letter requesting an AOR change. Check with the carrier.

You embellished the story and the testimonial is completely fabricated.

Your website is probably fictitious as well.

Never trust a monkey.

Especially if they smoke dope.

My guess is the cake was store bought, not home made. And not made with real Germans.
Fake News..except about the Germans, they were fake Germans. :laugh:

sure. I'll put that on my schedule, thanks

I sense sarcasm here but if you care to listen I think the point here is that what *you* are saying is the main reason for this objection.

In 8 years selling plans from $0 MAPD to Plan F I've been asked maybe 5 times "what's in it for me."

Just assume that they know you get $$ and are OK with it. Don't bring it up or try to diffuse an unspoken (i.e. imagined by you... and only you) "objection."

When I write MA plans I always tell clients I get paid monthly by the company we are dealing with to take care of their needs. I also don't have a problem telling people that I get paid to help them with their Medicare Supplement. I use it as a reason to review their policies on a yearly basis, "Mary, I get paid to make sure you are getting all the help you need and that we are reviewing your coverage on a yearly basis to make sure there are no better options". They also know that they can call me directly instead of dealing with some minimum wage employee on the 800 number.

*you* are saying is the main reason for this objection.

THIS ^^^^^

Odd how people think they will pay more by using an agent, yet they are willing to accept a $0 premium plan, no questions asked.

l.jpg

Back