Yellow Page Ad's

I'd rethink that STI.

I still use my local yellow pages, and if I saw an ad with no area code, I'd skip it.

It did not matter....I use to get 4 to 5 calls a month back in the day...last year I might have got 2 calls all year long....its dead I tell ya...google is the new yellow pages.....

I'd rethink that STI.

I still use my local yellow pages, and if I saw an ad with no area code, I'd skip it.

Last edited:
It did not matter....I use to get 4 to 5 calls a month back in the day...last year I might have got 2 calls all year long....its dead I tell ya...google is the new yellow pages.....

Agreed. Yellow pages is like ancient. I saw some kids starting a fire with it a few months ago. haha, talk about burnin' your money!! I think there is better ways to invest, so good call STI

Curious, how much did that little box run you?

Speaking of ancient technology...this lady had her grandson over one afternoon. The boy noticed her old round dial telephone and did not know how to use it.

I can't tell you the last time I've use the yellow pages. I have a friend who sells life, health and investments who rents some office space from his cousin (cousin is a P&C guy). They shared the cost of a yellow page ad (friend paid 1/5th of the cost, cousin paid the rest). He has gotten more than enough calls which have turned into clients to pay for his portion of the ad. They called specifically for health insurance and Med Supps.

Still, I wouldn't spend a dime on yellow page ads for what I do. If I were a P&C guy, maybe.

negotiated a renewal on a $5400 YP ad for $2grand this year and I'm having "buyers remorse" even at that price. ROI was barely break even in 2009 and I'd bet it will be worse in 2010

Back