2011 Goal Thread

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
What say the asylum. A goal is not a goal unless someone knows about it and it is written. How about a little peer pressure, encouragement, sounding board to keep us on track.

My main focus is medsupps. I'm obviously leaving $$ on the table by not asking for more FE sales.

Anyone else up for a little accountability?

Let's see...

Grow (not write, but grow) 20 policies per month
Keep client acquisition cost under $75 per household (I'm P&C)
Retention ratio over 90%
Loss ratio under 70% (not completely under my control)
Write xxx life policies (haven't determined this yet)
Grow $50K AUM monthly

That will keep me hopping.

Dan

Med supps-Primary focus
IFP-Secondary
Group-Third

My goal for 2011 is to write my first FE & LTC contracts. Of course, this has been my goal for many years, to cross sell my existing clients. Only one problem, my primary/secondary sales areas get busier and busier each year. I did write a term life policy back in 1983 to my best friend whom is an IFP client, so, I guess I did cross sell at least one client.

A goal is not a goal unless someone knows about it and it is written.

Goals need to also be specific as in how many apps and type of policies (i.e.Nplan). I'll start that process January 1st. Now it is time to reflect. :cool:

Just like Rick, I have expended a lot of marketing dollars and my ROI was at best, break-even. ROI is where the rubber meets the road. I'm still looking over my AEP numbers and digesting which of the 5 marketing paths worked the best and where I'll be concentrating my efforts on for 2011.

Moving several hundred MA's over to MedSupp's will make my job a lot easier next year. Thanks Mr. Obama and crew. I'm so happy to get away from the MA market. I'll have about 24 left on the books and that should be enough to keep me dangerous.

Humana was sooooo difficult to do business with. What a screw ball outfit. I turned down a couple of dozen more MA's and numerous PDP cases. Stupid things like no formularies and no provider directories for the first 75 days of AEP. Requiring IndiAgents to do face to face interviews for MA & PDP's stopped my sales. Of course their home office people can mail apps and enroll people without asking the customer if their doctor is a provider.

And oh, let's not forget the stealing of our renewals by convincing CMS to add a paragraph that allows government contracted carriers to keep our renewals. No wounder people go off the deep end!!!:mad::mad::mad:

My goal is to change my focus and sell 12-18 Linked Benefit Plans with an average face of $100K.

I also want to stop being so agreeable.

Rick

Back