2018 AHIP Certification

Jimmy1976

Looking for any help taking this test. Answers? I've taken it twice and made an 88 and I have no idea which question I am missing. HELP!!

Hi Jimmy:

I'm sorry that happened; I just took it the AHIP and passed with 100%. Here is what I did:

Downloaded all the slides into Word documents that I could look at; had them opened at the same time as the test.
Also, you can download and even print-screen the 'quizzes' (reviews, whatever they call them.) Pretty much the exact same questions at the end of the modules are on the exam.

Read the answers really carefully. Often you can find the correct one by eliminating the obviously ridiculous ones.

I am a former high school teacher; I have a graduate degree in education and am trained in testing design. Personally, I think the AHIP exam is poorly constructed. I found at least six typos in the study material (not obvious word misspells, but grammar mistakes such as "too" when it should be "to." ) I also found sentence fragments, run-ons, and stuff that just plain DID NOT MAKE SENSE.

I don't think this exam is necessarily difficult to pass, but you DO have to dig in and pay attention to the material on the modules.

Since I passed it, I'm not familiar with what happens when you don't; do they TELL you which questions you got wrong?

I hope even a tiny bit of this post helps. Are you on your 3rd strike? Some companies (UHC in my case) lock you out for a year after 3 unsuccessful attempts; others, I've heard, will let you enroll again for another 3 tries.

Take care,
Robin

This test is a big waste of money and time. There was a question about paying magicians to entertain seniors at a sales event. Why?

So it would be obvious if there are 100 seniors and you pay $1,000 for the show it's actually a $10 gift per person so allowed.

If the magician cost $2,000 then it would be illegal.

But I agree it's a stupid way of "teaching" agents.

Rick

I called the AHIP folks and asked if there were any surveys, or such, that are administered to people who've passed, to get feedback on the tests plan and design, and the customer service rep I spoke to said, verbatim "No there isn't, but that's a great idea. I'm going to pass it along."

I'm not sure what AHIP's goals are. The Fraud, Waste & Abuse Training portion is necessary, imo, given the staggeringly high cost of such...but most of what I studied is pre-empted by product training of the specific carriers.

I don't think the magician question was particularly stupid. The idea of actually hiring one for a educational or sales/marketing event is interesting...and the question itself is meant to drive home the "only nominal gifts/nothing over $15/per person" rule.

I find the regulations surrounding MA daunting and scary. The commercials I see on tv, sponsored and paid for by "medicare.com" seem to contain dozens of violations. I've carried E&O insurance for 18 years with nary a claim. I want to KEEP it that way.

So it would be obvious if there are 100 seniors and you pay $1,000 for the show it's actually a $10 gift per person so allowed.

If the magician cost $2,000 then it would be illegal.

But I agree it's a stupid way of "teaching" agents.

Rick
I never forgot that question the first time I saw it because I thought it would be illegal to hire entertainment, period regardless of cost. This year got me because the test kicked me out of the system after 7 minutes. I called and they told me they could do nothing because I completed the entire test in 7 minutes. Obviously I did not, luckily I had two tries left.

do these practice tests on google really have any meaning in buying to actually be able to pass this AHIP test with 90%+. When google or bing you come across so many that gurantee you pass or practice the AHIP fraud, waste abuse test.

Back