2018 AHIP Certification

That isn't 100% accurate-if you fail AHIP the first time (3 tries) it's likely you will not be able to enroll anyone in a new plan (it depends on the insurance company, Humana is definitely one that locks agents out) but agents can still pay for another course and pass it the 2nd time and maintain their renewals.
Most definitely true about being able to re-up, but have to wait 6 months which puts you out to early part of the following year. By then, AEP is over and well you know we can't market during OEP, not to be confused with Medigap OEP...
If you can't pass AHIP in 6 tries then maybe it's time to do something else with your career, the exam isn't rocket science.
Not disagreeing much here...but the bigger question is, what is the true purpose? Is it to educate agents to be better agents, or just have them suffer through endless, confusing crap, which brings little to no value to their function.

I recognize many agents have issues with exams of any kind and either aren't willing to put in the effort to get a passing grade or just dveteran on't understand the material; if they are new to Medicare then maybe it's the wrong product for them but I also think a veteran agent who has passed AHIP for some number of consecutive years (maybe 5) should get a lifetime exemption and just take the carrier certifications.
Seems logical, and you have my vote on this one

There are books - some of them are audio books - that can help you study better. These are mostly written for high school and college students, but you are allowed to buy them even if you're not in schoo.

My suggestions:

Start early. Start very early if you're really worried about AHIP. You can choose some Medicare-related CEU courses to study early in the year.

This isn't the quick-fix, "easy button" tip you want, but read the material multiple times if necessary. Take handwritten notes. Don't take short cuts.

There's no limit on the amount of times you can read the material.
There only is a limit on the number of times you can take the test.

Study when you wake up, just before bed and/or right before and/or after meditating. These are optimal times for memorization.

Use the quizzes to take your temperature. If you miss a question on a quiz - or get it right because you guessed, write down the question and answer.

Or better yet... Print out the quizzes. Or handwrite the questions and answers. The questions in the final exams are probably pulled from the quizzes - which you can take over and over.

Print out the slides. (I always do.) I study the printed slides, make notes to help me remember stuff for the tests and make separate notes to know what to ask when I go to a F2F meeting or webinar.

You really should know most of the material. But it's an open book test. Don't guess. Look it up.

However, for the sake of all that's holy, make notes of the stuff you're not sure about and had to look up -- make sure you know the answer - or know where to find it - before you give a client the wrong advice and ruin their life.

I know test taking doesn't come easy for everyone, but you will pass if you are willing to put the time in. If you have to read the material 10 times, read it 11 and lock it down.

I've always been a good test taker, but I've had to drill sports skills 5 or 10 times as much as some of my friends. Whether you want to be an insurance agent or play ball with your friends - drill/study until you reach your goal.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but.. If you really want to pass and you fail the first time, read the material from start to finish. Don't just take a deep breath and try the test again.

You passed your insurance licensing test. You can pass an open book AHIP test.

Back