Any Mass Mutual Agents Out There? I Need Advice, Please.

You are an insurance agent and you don't know how to buy your own health insurance?

Haven't you figured this out by now? He's an employee through and through. Until he makes the jump from being an employee to being his own boss he's not going anywhere.

We had a national LEAP trainer teach us about the LEAP system. Each session was about $500 per participant for 2 days. Did it 3 times.

And just how often did you put that $1,500 of training to good use?

To be fair a lot of P&C agents really don't and a lot of L&H agents suck at buying their P&C. They have some thoughts on it compared to the average bear but they still need education like everyone else.

I know that when I first started I looked at the lowest deductibles possible because that is what I am used to.

Being a L&H agent and sucking at buying P&C is not the same as being a L& HEALTH agent and buying HEALTH insurance. If you took the exam and do CE you should know something about HEALTH insurance.

Haven't you figured this out by now? He's an employee through and through. Until he makes the jump from being an employee to being his own boss he's not going anywhere.

I don't want to be an employee and that is why I am so hesitant to go to mass mutual because they seem to have the employee mentality with "power Monday's" being a 12hr all office day with meetings and getting the week set up along with having additional mandatory office training. They seem like they will treat their agents as employees rather than independent insurance agents.

I want to be my own boss but I need guidance of what to do since I do not have any experience on how to find people and what business activities I need to do.

I don't want to be an employee and that is why I am so hesitant to go to mass mutual because they seem to have the employee mentality with "power Monday's" being a 12hr all office day with meetings and getting the week set up along with having additional mandatory office training. They seem like they will treat their agents as employees rather than independent insurance agents.

I want to be my own boss but I need guidance of what to do since I do not have any experience on how to find people and what business activities I need to do.

You need to learn to prospect. It will involve breaking out your wallet and/or some gas and shoe leather. There are plenty of threads on here about prospecting methods.

You need to learn to prospect. It will involve breaking out your wallet and/or some gas and shoe leather. There are plenty of threads on here about prospecting methods.

I have no problem with that I have been basically calling dead leads for the last 6 years so that would be refreshing. I am basically used to selling life to individuals so how do I find more of those prospects or would you say to cold knock small business owners? Would you say to stay away from mass and just work independent? Mass seems like it has alot of different companies to offer with the brokerage company they are attached to.

Career agencies seem to be very hit or miss on the training from what I gather, the general opinion seems to be more often a miss. As much as people chastise Northwestern Mutual, at least they have a rigid adherence to the One Card System that will show people how to prospect and will work if followed. Love it or hate it.

Career agencies seem to be very hit or miss on the training from what I gather, the general opinion seems to be more often a miss. As much as people chastise Northwestern Mutual, at least they have a rigid adherence to the One Card System that will show people how to prospect and will work if followed. Love it or hate it.

Is the one card system the solution? What is it?

Is the one card system the solution? What is it?

The One Card System will work if it is followed. One Card System » OCS – One Card System

You can also use the Krumroy Method:
1. One page on plain paper.
2. One topic.
3. One per month snail mail.
4. One phone call. Follow up EVERY newsletter with ONE phone call. Try to get an appointment.
5. One thousand. 250 each week, for four weeks. Stagger them so that you can call 50 per day, and follow up each newsletter with one phone call to secure an appointment.
6. One year. Send each person one newsletter EVERY month for one full year. Call each prospect EVERY month following their newsletter, asking for an appointment. If they don't grant you an appointment after ONE FULL YEAR and 12 phone calls, discard them.

Read more: Building a Pond of 1,000 Local Business Owners - Page 2

Last edited:
Back