Any Mass Mutual Agents Out There? I Need Advice, Please.

I realize that but do you think they are a good career shop or should I look elsewhere or stay put?

I realize that but do you think they are a good career shop or should I look elsewhere or stay put?

Until you look at yourself and seriously address your problems, you should go get a job. You could make more waiting tables.

Right now, you are completely focused on what Mass can do for you, versus what you can do for you. As M&M pointed out, you keep asking about your fiance or health insurance, versus learning how to address your biggest weakness.

I don't want to be an employee and that is why I am so hesitant to go to mass mutual because they seem to have the employee mentality with "power Monday's" being a 12hr all office day with meetings and getting the week set up along with having additional mandatory office training. They seem like they will treat their agents as employees rather than independent insurance agents.

I want to be my own boss but I need guidance of what to do since I do not have any experience on how to find people and what business activities I need to do.

Ok, so after reading all of these posts... and getting sick and tired of the "government built your business for you" bs from obama....

You need to go to Mass Mutual... beg them to give you an opportunity to work there, thank them if they offer you the position. Then.. you go there every day, and LEARN. You do as they say and you will be extremely successful.

where most agents fail, they want to be their own boss, yet can barely survive in the business. They are above the advice they are given, and think they are too good to pound the phones, talk to your natural market, sell this product or that product.

Ok well MM "Agency" came back with an offer on Friday and want a decision by Wednesday for me to start the paperwork to be in training in two weeks.

They want to offer me $800 per month with $400 going into my pocket and $400 going to a marketing account basically only used to offset office expenses every month which is still something I am not a fan of. BUT the big issue I have is that if I want to leave the agency within the first two years I would owe them 100% of the $800 per month would be owed back and if I left in year 3, 50% would be owed back.

I kind of feel like I would have to pay to quit and I feel a little uneasy about this. I am thinking about staying where I am and work a little harder till I cant sell anyone else from my list and keep looking for opportunities unless you guys think I would be walking away from a GOLDEN opportunity which is one of my worries that maybe I wont find anything else that is good.

Any sugguestions?

Ok well MM "Agency" came back with an offer on Friday and want a decision by Wednesday for me to start the paperwork to be in training in two weeks.

They want to offer me $800 per month with $400 going into my pocket and $400 going to a marketing account basically only used to offset office expenses every month which is still something I am not a fan of. BUT the big issue I have is that if I want to leave the agency within the first two years I would owe them 100% of the $800 per month would be owed back and if I left in year 3, 50% would be owed back.

I kind of feel like I would have to pay to quit and I feel a little uneasy about this. I am thinking about staying where I am and work a little harder till I cant sell anyone else from my list and keep looking for opportunities unless you guys think I would be walking away from a GOLDEN opportunity which is one of my worries that maybe I wont find anything else that is good.

Any sugguestions?

3 years isn't bad since most people aren't an expert in something in 3 years anyway. If you are going to quit you are either doing it because you have a better job elsewhere or you are making enough money that you want to leave and go independent.

If you are really not happy about it, save it up and go commission only. If you leave, pay it back as a check for the exact amount you saved...

They aren't offering much. AGLA pay a $500 salary for the first 13 weeks and you don't pay it back.

Back