Cold Calling Door Knocking for Final Expense

I don't like cat piss soaked couches either, that's why I prefer to go to the kitchen table that has spaghetti sauce and grape jelly on it, though I hate having to flick ants off the app while I fill it out. :confused:

As far as the growling dogs, you learn quickly to keep your brief case/padfolio between you and the dog and don't be afraid to swing it at them. :yes:

You get free coffee? Is it true that "coffee's for closers"? :huh:
I used to carry a satchel on the debit with a page for each client, and my rate book, apps and supplies in the side pockets. That thing was heavy! (Why I have back trouble now!) I used to stick that in dog faces all the time. Until one day this old German shepherd, that usually just growled at me from under the porch, was feeling feisty and grabbed it out of my hand & flung it across the yard! But he was the exception. They usually jumped back when I held it up.

Now I've got all that stuff in my iPad. Much easier on my back, but not too threatening!

I used to carry a satchel on the debit with a page for each client, and my rate book, apps and supplies in the side pockets. That thing was heavy! (Why I have back trouble now!) I used to stick that in dog faces all the time. Until one day this old German shepherd, that usually just growled at me from under the porch, was feeling feisty and grabbed it out of my hand & flung it across the yard! But he was the exception. They usually jumped back when I held it up.

Now I've got all that stuff in my iPad. Much easier on my back, but not too threatening!
I had been in the business about a year and was door knocking up and down the street in a little town in Nebraska. A pack of about 10 dogs were following me barking and nipping at my heels. I kept swinging my briefcase at them and they'd back off, then come right back. I'd finally had enough and started screaming at them and chased them and threw my briefcase at them.

They didn't bother me anymore, but there was a nice skid mark on my briefcase. Just in case somebody might have been watching out of their window at some crazy guy chase dogs, I got in my car and moved to a different street. :twitchy:

Do you swing your iPad at threatening dogs now? Maybe they've got an app for that.

It takes a special breed to be able to sit and pound the phone all day too. So as much as you don't understand how agents go out to these places everyday, many of them don't understand how you can sit in your own house or a call center and dial for dollars day in and day out.

Lucky for me, once I get started I have the focus to keep doing it. I don't get hungry till about 1:30 or 2 so I'll break for lunch then. When I work from home, I need the house to be quiet...and that's not going to happen. So it's much better that I have an office to go to.

Lucky for me, once I get started I have the focus to keep doing it. I don't get hungry till about 1:30 or 2 so I'll break for lunch then. When I work from home, I need the house to be quiet...and that's not going to happen. So it's much better that I have an office to go to.

Having a home office can be very difficult... as well I know this. :yes:

Awesome Forum, I don't want to hijack this post..... New at this forum,Can anyone recommend a good source for Final expense leads that is affordable?
Any place to also get a list for door Knocking?
Appreciate any help

Awesome Forum, I don't want to hijack this post..... New at this forum,Can anyone recommend a good source for Final expense leads that is affordable?
Any place to also get a list for door Knocking?
Appreciate any help

How about you start with a good door script and just do some walking down the street knocking cold... I could tell you have to do this for less than $30. Cost is not for the script... it is to get a book and talk pad... if you can do this you will be a super star. :yes:

Back