Discount Cards

I asked the same question.

The back office is supposed to track all scripts filled based on the coding on your card.

The card is free to the consumer. Some will use it, some not. If they lose the card, so what? They download another which may or may not have your code.

This also has an MLM aspect if interested. I was not, but still contemplating the straight marketing angle.

78 scripts filled per month and you break even. That shouldn't be too difficult, but then, I have said that before . . .

Has anyone actually gotten a check with any of these discount cards. I had a friend pitching me today with NuLegacy RX Card.

I ran across a card a year ago or so that was marketed through unions and alumni associations. I presume the marketers made money but doubt the downline pushers did.

Even if you do make money, most of these cards are worthless. I have given away a few cards in the past. Problem is, the pharmacy may not be hooked up with the PBM that is running the program. Even if they are a par pharmacy, the discounts are negligible. One card I gave away to a friend got a complaint. He said they wanted to charge him more for his med than without the card.

Back