Instagram Ad "Secure Agent Mentor"

I respectfully disagree with you here. I believe it is the AGENT who decides if he's making a sale in the first two seconds that dictates the outcome of the presentation. Unfortunately many agents simply prejudge the client incorrectly too soon and blow the sale.

To me, a "No" is simply one step closer to a "Yes". And if you dont have that mindset, you'll end up with skinny kids.

No is no. #metoo and all that.

But there are a lot of statements that agents think means no. However, they are really stalls, objections or conditions that can potentially be dealt with.

Don't Most IMO's start as an agent or atleast a GA.

Not necessarily.

Especially in the case of generational agencies.

And FWIW there are any number of home office critters with fancy titles and corner offices that have never sold anything. Heck, you can even become president (U.S.) without ever accomplishing anything of consequence.

Not necessarily.

Especially in the case of generational agencies.

And FWIW there are any number of home office critters with fancy titles and corner offices that have never sold anything. Heck, you can even become president (U.S.) without ever accomplishing anything of consequence.

SO how would get one, it seems like you would really have to know someone. EVERY MGA I have spoken to has started out as an agent. A good friend of mine started at New York Life, now 15 years later and contracting with I think 5 different agencies he is finally an IMO.

SO how would get one

You could try to get adopted by someone that has a successful IMO and no heirs that are interested in the business.

If you want to grow up to be an IMO some day and can't get adopted, you can start by recruiting and training folks. I have no desire to get in that side of things so can't reveal what kind of production / downline you need to start through the ranks.

It seems there are a lot of people who think the path to great wealth and an easy life is by being an IMO. If you really knew how much work it involves, and the kind of margins most of these guys work off of, you might change your tune.

If continually innovating to sell more insurance in less time is being an order taker then I'm guilty as charged.

giphy.gif

Sorry if it sounded like I was hating on you. I'm not. I'm just wondering if the insurance sales industry is going to one day be called something else because agents are not actually learning how to sell anymore. Seems to be headed that way.

I'm not saying that selling more insurance in less time is a bad thing, but this is one thing that I do know for a fact....when you change one aspect, expect another one to change to accommodate it. The other change is that the agent is "selling" less and taking more orders. So, if this trend continues, and I believe it will, salespeople really won't be salespeople anymore because they won't ever develop the skills. I mean, why should they?

A true salesperson can sell anything. How many true salespersons do you know?

You could try to get adopted by someone that has a successful IMO and no heirs that are interested in the business.

If you want to grow up to be an IMO some day and can't get adopted, you can start by recruiting and training folks. I have no desire to get in that side of things so can't reveal what kind of production / downline you need to start through the ranks.

It seems there are a lot of people who think the path to great wealth and an easy life is by being an IMO. If you really knew how much work it involves, and the kind of margins most of these guys work off of, you might change your tune.

Ain't that the truth! Now that we're doing the work, I don't mind. However, if I really understood what it took to be a successful IMO I probably would not have started and would have just stayed right in the field where I didn't have anyone but me to worry about. I'm glad I didn't know what all it took.

Correct me if I am wrong, and I know there is know exact definition for any of the contract levels. But, isn’t an IMO more on the business side of it, like getting the carriers and generating the leads. MGA’s , GA’s are more on the agent side managing them and training them, as well as sell policies themselves.

Latest posts

Back