Internet Lead Intelligence

Well, I just got my first "affiliate generated" lead from Leadco. I just spoke to a lead from leadco who says she was just trying to enter the publishers clearinghouse sweepstakes. All search generated huh? I'll call Stacy and see what he says.

Like I said before, No Major lead company can produce the volume without help, cheap labor, the Lead you received is what the Industry calls Co-registration leads. Went to a Website like Publisher Clearing House, and to become a member or to receive their offer, they have to obligate to signing up for several offers, Netflix, BMG, and then the Free no obligation Health Quote from Insureco. Thats right, thats what you got. (Not Affliliate) Several Lead Companies use this horrible tactic, but once again, its the Huge Lead Providers that need to do this to keep cost low and to generate the volume. Many Companies use affiliate sources, which can be very good, depending on the lead company and how they monitor, and what their business module is.

Last edited:
It is a horrible tactic - it would be one thing if they had to actually apply for a policy! In insureco's defense, they would probably give credit for this one - but what about the hundreds that you never get on the phone or get an email reply from? That is what concerns me. Somarco - survey says - NOPE! She said she'll never try that again!

Coming on here and watching people deal with this shared lead garbage is liking listening to a battered wife justify staying in the marriage with "well, he doesn't beat me all the time." Or it's like listing to the wife with a cheating husband say "well he still comes back home to me."

You are partially right, for some of us that husband is still part of what we need to keep a roof over our heads so we need to deal with him the best way possible. But, for now we have to figure out how to make the best of it. Didn't it help you get to where you are now?

I worked shared leads with success until they collectively crapped out. Then I was out - never looked back. The only thing that changed was more production as I learned to generating my own business. Also, quality of life is 10X better not having to fight other agents. It's like getting a divorce and finding someone who won't beat you.

I hear "there's no such thing as an exclusive lead." Odd - mine are.

Bashing internet leads is like bashing cheese. Some people like it, some don't. If you are lactose intolerant, then cheese is really the devil. If you aren't, and you like cheese, then it isn't the devil.

Fine - but it's a bit like watching people pan for gold all day then get all excited when hours later they find a nugget. In the mean time there's a gold mine a mile away but the panners "aren't up for the walk."

Back