Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

I was trained by a guy that was using screen sharing pre-zoom to deal with remote customers in a large area. I was lucky to have started out that way. I have clients that prefer face to face, and others that love the online meetings. I do a lot of both but have an odd 2-state area with one state 2000 miles from where I live and my business in the distant state is actually growing from referrals, which surprised me when I moved.

Bottom line is I am glad I am not dragging a briefcase full of paper forms door to door and trying to mail or fax them all in after a long day of having people tell me to go away.

Majority of my clients do not know how to turn a computer on.

The most fun part of the business is seeing the creature who answers the door when I’m door knocking.

We don’t drag briefcases full of paper we carry a tablet and do EApps. The only thing I fax are surrenders and remove draft requests.

Nobody tells me to go away most are very polite and glad I stopped by.

Majority of my clients do not know how to turn a computer on.

The most fun part of the business is seeing the creature who answers the door when I’m door knocking.

We don’t drag briefcases full of paper we carry a tablet and do EApps. The only thing I fax are surrenders and remove draft requests.

Nobody tells me to go away most are very polite and glad I stopped by.
Right. DNelson makes lots of inaccurate assumptions in his comment.

I was trained by a guy that was using screen sharing pre-zoom to deal with remote customers in a large area. I was lucky to have started out that way. I have clients that prefer face to face, and others that love the online meetings. I do a lot of both but have an odd 2-state area with one state 2000 miles from where I live and my business in the distant state is actually growing from referrals, which surprised me when I moved.

Bottom line is I am glad I am not dragging a briefcase full of paper forms door to door and trying to mail or fax them all in after a long day of having people tell me to go away.
Are you selling FE?

Who wants to get up in the morning and go into an a cubicle or home office and be tethered to a desk,computer,phone all day long ?

Nothing worse than being trapped all day long.

Is being isolated like that good for your health ?

Do you really think you’re going to be able to have a long career 10-15-20-30 years being isolated,trapped indefinitely?

Do you think the difference in production,extra money is worth the damage your doing to your mind and body ?

Do you think you can overcome the damage you are doing to yourself with money?

Nothing better for your mind than to be out there in the field doing F2F meeting real people,breathing fresh air,enjoying the atmosphere of actual life.

Telesales will play out simply due to working conditions and humans naturally crave human interaction.
None of what you say applies to me. I live in the mountains and can be at a river in a 5 min walk. All of our agents are remote. I have a home office with a massive window that looks up at the peaks that are just down the street. My kids are homeschooled and I can walk out of the office and be with them. They don’t have to be exposed to the horrors of public school. This works for us.

Back