Do you use

• Company brochures

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Generic brochure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not use brochures

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
I was actually taught to be very careful about what I was leaving. Being the hard head that I can be, I started leaving stuff anyway. I was told that some of the clients will start reading that stuff and invariably get something wrong in their head and want to cancel because they thought you were screwing them somehow.

I received those phone calls about 3 times before I admitted that I was told this would happen. That's when I stopped leaving crap behind. Those phone calls stopped as a result.

You were told not to leave papers that might have lies and twists you had personally written on them. Nobody ever said there is any thing wrong with leaving brochures which in fact is a good thing to do. Its not the brochures that get the agents in trouble. Most often trouble comes from misleading and incorrect figures agents scribble on those brochures and their yellow note book pads that they love writing on so much. If the client ever gets mad and he hands those papers you wrote bad stuff on to the Department of Insurance you got yourself a nice fine or suspension on your record. Almost every time I have seen that happen it was stuff written on the yellow notebook pad that got the agent hung by the DOI. That is why since days of old the rule is always never leave the the yellow note book pages with your own handwritten figures on them. Never. Ever. Feel free to leave the brochures just don't be writing on them.

You were told not to leave papers that might have lies and twists you had personally written on them. Nobody ever said there is any thing wrong with leaving brochures which in fact is a good thing to do. Its not the brochures that get the agents in trouble. Most often trouble comes from misleading and incorrect figures agents scribble on those brochures and their yellow note book pads that they love writing on so much. If the client ever gets mad and he hands those papers you wrote bad stuff on to the Department of Insurance you got yourself a nice fine or suspension on your record. Almost every time I have seen that happen it was stuff written on the yellow notebook pad that got the agent hung by the DOI. That is why since days of old the rule is always never leave the the yellow note book pages with your own handwritten figures on them. Never. Ever. Feel free to leave the brochures just don't be writing on them.

No, sorry. That's not it.

I often leave the yellow paper with scribbles on it, as I have nothing to hide, and they can refer to it if they want to reinforce the good decision that they made. I've had a few that asked to keep it.

I often leave the yellow paper with scribbles on it, as I have nothing to hide, and they can refer to it if they want to reinforce the good decision that they made. I've had a few that asked to keep it.

If you can police yourself then fine. The problem is that most guys that can't police themselves don't know it. That is the reason that just to be safe the golden rule is never leave the yellow note pad pages. Ever. I was told this by General Agents, Lawyers, and directly from the mouths of fools who had been caught in the DOI's snare.

If you can police yourself then fine. The problem is that most guys that can't police themselves don't know it. That is the reason that just to be safe the golden rule is never leave the yellow note pad pages. Ever. I was told this by General Agents, Lawyers, and directly from the mouths of fools who had been caught in the DOI's snare.
If you tell the truth and use accurate figures, there's nothing to worry about. I guess shady agents should use disappearing ink when they scribble. :yes:

Back