Do you use

• Company brochures

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Generic brochure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not use brochures

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
All my business is by phone and email. No brochures, not even emailed. The exception is when someone wants more info on dental or international medical.

I do take notes of phone conversations then email the summary to the prospect or client. Comes in handy when someone (including me) forgets a question or answer from the past.

Even when the past was only yesterday.

If you tell the truth and use accurate figures, there's nothing to worry about. I guess shady agents should use disappearing ink when they scribble. :yes:

I always left my yellow sheet too. If anyone had a problem with it I would gladly educate them. I never had that problem though. Like you, not one thing to hide, thus I have not one thing to worry about.

I always left my yellow sheet too. If anyone had a problem with it I would gladly educate them. I never had that problem though. Like you, not one thing to hide, thus I have not one thing to worry about.

Insurance companies scrutinize their literature and brochures carefully and even have their legal departments go over them after all that to make sure they are not breaking any rules or misleading in any way. You are the agent and you are your own lawyer. It has often been said that the worst lawyer you can have is yourself.

All my business is by phone and email. No brochures, not even emailed. The exception is when someone wants more info on dental or international medical.

I do take notes of phone conversations then email the summary to the prospect or client. Comes in handy when someone (including me) forgets a question or answer from the past.

Even when the past was only yesterday.

I do the same.

Anymore a great deal of our communication is electronic.

I use RE: a lot in text also. So when I do a text search I get a quick reminder of what we have talked about. Such as this >> RE: United Heritage Life Conversion for Sharah xxxxx - Hi Sarah, I am Sharon's Life insurance agent. We were going over the paperwork she asked you to sign. Looks like there was one page missed. I can Email it, Fax it or mail it to you. Which is best for you? If Mailing, I understand you live on base. Do you use an APO, FPO or a physical address? Sharon gave me your email address also. I will email all of my contact info also. Lee (Your mother's and brothers' life insurance agent) << So when I get a call, email or text from her I do a quick text search and it refreshes in my mind who she is and who she is related to and what we did last.

I also try to keep emails in the same thread or at least in the same project thread. Since the Subject line does not change I use RE: to help me skim to what I was looking for. Example: I am working on a UoO policy on a guy but also writing a GI policy on his wife and an Assurity policy on his adult son and it all started from a claim on his mother in law. So a lot of different pieces. He may email me questions on all three in one email I reply with RE: Sharon - blah blah RE: Johnny - Blah Blah. So a year or two from now when I am writing Johnny's mother in law I do a search for Johnny and I see his dad's email.

Sounds like a mess I know. However, when you write friends and families of friends and families it is easy to forget who is connected to who. Google and Google Voice make it super simple to type in a name and get a quick review.

Do you carry the Marketing (presentation) brochures for each company in your kit ... or do you have a personal generic brochure you use ... or just not use brochures at all?

I carry the companies brochures and use them in my presentation. After reviewing the client's health history and medicines, this determines what company and product they will qualify with. I go thru the brochure explaining the company and product. This is well received by the clients.

If your concerned about them being denied during underwriting and having to switch to another company. You can button up the sale with a statement like this...Mr./Mrs. Jones, this is not a one size fits all industry. I am licensed with many other insurance carriers that offer the same types of policies. In the event, you are denied coverage we will be able to find a company that will issue you a policy.

Insurance companies scrutinize their literature and brochures carefully and even have their legal departments go over them after all that to make sure they are not breaking any rules or misleading in any way. You are the agent and you are your own lawyer. It has often been said that the worst lawyer you can have is yourself.

Yeah, but I don't need a lawyer, judge, CMS, DOL, or any other entity to tell me that drawing 3 circles explaining how medicare works on a legal pad is legal. I know it is. Common sense comes into play sometimes and this is one of them.

Yeah, but I don't need a lawyer, judge, CMS, DOL, or any other entity to tell me that drawing 3 circles explaining how medicare works on a legal pad is legal. I know it is. Common sense comes into play sometimes and this is one of them.
Well, there is your first mistake... Laws were witten by politicians.. Not sure anyone ever accused them of having "common sense"... :no:

I was never afraid of their hammers. As a matter of fact, back in 2008 I wrote a nice long letter to CMS telling them straight up that I would not follow ALL of their ignorant rules and why I wouldn't. All of the reasons why I wouldn't follow certain rules is due to doing the right thing for my client, no matter what they thought and that I would see them in court if they want to challenge me. I heard crickets.

As far as I know those rules have been taken off the books. It was about thing like the 24 hour rule on the scope, not being able to ask the client about their meds, etc.

If they would have put me in CMS jail, so be it. There is still more than one way to skin a cat. I never did need their approval to help my clients or anybody else for that matter.

Back