New forum is launched

valdet

Webmaster
Administrator
Hello all,

We're excited to announce that the project of migrating to new server, new software all around the site is finally completed.

It's been quite a journey with loads of testing, debugging, breaking and fixing things. We were fortunate to have the services of a top professional like Mike Farrell help us in making this transition as best as possible.

The first thing that you may see is that the new site now resolves to insurance-forums.com (instead of .net).
The homepage is now completely served through Wordpress and the best thing is that you will be able to comment on Wordpress articles with your forum accounts.

I encourage you to look around and make use of new features.

Of course, we know that while we looked to address a lot of stuff, there will be things that don't work as expected or you don't know what they're for.

Please share with us any feedback or ask any questions ?

Best regards,
Val.

• Staff
When you do a search, there's a Newer Than field, which let's you select a date for your search.

With the old forum I could select which forums that would be shown when I checked for new posts.. Can't find a way to make that selection now. There are some forums that I have no need or desire to see what new threads have been posted in them.

• Staff
With the old forum I could select which forums that would be shown when I checked for new posts.. Can't find a way to make that selection now. There are some forums that I have no need or desire to see what new threads have been posted in them.
This feature doesn't come with Xenforo installation, but I will check on this feature if we can bring it here too. On old forum it was a custom product.

Thanks for feedback.

I also miss seeing YouTube videos being embedded in the thread. Much easier to view than to just click the link to open a new tab.
For new video links they will be fixed shortly, however for already posted videos, it might take a bit.

I think it's the panel on the right - all those links, who's online, etc. I think it clutters everything. Of course, those with 1,000+ posts were able to turn that off before.

I think it's the panel on the right - all those links, who's online, etc. I think it clutters everything. Of course, those with 1,000+ posts were able to turn that off before.
I think it is more than just the panel on the right. The whole blooming thing is difficult to navigate. Never understood why someone who has a website that is working well and most users are satisfied with feel compelled to completely change it.

Back