Newbie - AHIP testing & study materials

Todd is okay...however.. if you sign up with me I give you all the tools to go broke in two weeks.

In all seriousness, why MA?

Is MA - Medicare Advantage? If so the why is that is my interest, to help people get through the medicare maze, and hopefully in the process build a business for myself. I think a person should be interested in what they do, if possible, and that is my interest. I like to be helpful, sometimes a fault, but that's me. LOL

And I think I will shy away from your "broke in two weeks" offer. LOL But thanks anyway! :)

Is MA - Medicare Advantage?
Yes it is Medicare Advantage.
If so the why is that is my interest, to help people get through the medicare maze, and hopefully in the process build a business for myself. I think a person should be interested in what they do, if possible, and that is my interest. I like to be helpful, sometimes a fault, but that's me. LOL

Do you know the difference between MA and Med Supps? Do you know how much you get paid on MA?

In answer to the OP, the AHIP training itself is pretty good in my opinion. Don't really need to look elsewhere in that regard.

Depends on the carrier. I know of several that you can contract direct.

Agree MA shouldn't be primary, but if you are getting certified for PDP to sell with MedSupp that would make more sense.

Does AHIP have the study materials. Which tests do I need. I didn't see a good summary of their services on their website, just a list of tests, not really what they are good for. Guess I missed it.

Why medicare products, I think seniors are confused and I like to help people - I help them understand, and they help me build my business, sounds like a win-win to me. :)

What is PDP??

I've contacted 2 FMOs, but no carriers. I guess from what I'd read I thought the carriers really don't want to mess with agents, but want agents to use FMO/IMOs.

Thanks to much - David Taylor Jr - I appreciate your time.

Does AHIP have the study materials. Which tests do I need. I didn't see a good summary of their services on their website, just a list of tests, not really what they are good for. Guess I missed it.
AHIP gives the mandatory training course. It is all study material. It isn't just an exam you take.

Why medicare products, I think seniors are confused and I like to help people - I help them understand, and they help me build my business, sounds like a win-win to me. :)
Med Supps and PDP are both Medicare products. PDP stands for Prescription Drug Plan and is a part of some MA plans. Those are called MAPD.

Yes it is Medicare Advantage.

Do you know the difference between MA and Med Supps? Do you know how much you get paid on MA?

I do know the difference, just not used to the alphabet jargon. I have read the Medicare I have some idea of income from Adv & Sup form my reading. - I have passed my licensing test, read the "Medicare & You" book, and numberous online websites, still learning, much to learn. I just don't get the AHIP site.

AHIP gives the mandatory training course. It is all study material. It isn't just an exam you take.

Med Supps and PDP are both Medicare products. PDP stands for Prescription Drug Plan and is a part of some MA plans. Those are called MAPD.

Ah, I am just not used to seeing the letters yet. I am not up to speed on the code. LOL

Their are several in Texas that give training ride a longs that teach Medicare Advantage...but they lead with Final Expense. They're good cross sells for each other. :yes:

One I spoke with said they would, but actually seems too busy to help. I will try him again next week.

Back