Off-shore Telemarketing

I am trying Odesk.com right now. You can hire Phillipino telemarketers for low hourly wages, like $7-$9. Odesk handles the payment so you don't have to worry about paying some sketchy company.

I will say that finding someone reputable can be challenging. The first girl I hired was set to go, then just stopped responding to my request. I found another girl who is making calls now but it's slow go to generate leads. I was hoping to get 1 lead an hour but that is challenging so far.

I think if you just tell them to follow the script and they speak good English (Odesk rates on quality of English) it could turn out well after a few hours getting used to it.

I used Hit Rate Solutions for a project about 18 months ago, they did everything they said they would. About $8 an hour, they did 300 dials a day on the average.

Results were fair, it depends on the script, the offer, and the lead list.

I used Hit Rate Solutions for a project about 18 months ago, they did everything they said they would. About $8 an hour, they did 300 dials a day on the average.

Results were fair, it depends on the script, the offer, and the lead list.

Were they working for 3 hours? They'd be making twice that many calls a day with a dialer. Hidden cost of not using one.

300 dials per day... yikes I remember the old days of hand-dialing! Buy a dialer... any dialer will do and they can make 300 calls in 1 to 1.5 hours. I know agents that employ telemarketers and have paid for their dialer and provided training for the dialer. Anybody who is providing telemarketing services would be crazy to refuse a dialer free of charge as it's a win/win scenario. Agent gets more leads, telemarketer gets paid and telemarketer gets referrals from your good business.

Were they working for 3 hours? They'd be making twice that many calls a day with a dialer. Hidden cost of not using one.

--------------------------------------------------
300 dials per day... yikes I remember the old days of hand-dialing! Buy a dialer... any dialer will do and they can make 300 calls in 1 to 1.5 hours. I know agents that employ telemarketers and have paid for their dialer and provided training for the dialer. Anybody who is providing telemarketing services would be crazy to refuse a dialer free of charge as it's a win/win scenario. Agent gets more leads, telemarketer gets paid and telemarketer gets referrals from your good business.

they have their own dialing system, I don't own the company, just did business with them and took the time to answer the guy's question, you don't have to lecture me.

I've tried Odesk as well, complete waste of time-hired two 'highly rated' telemarketers, one called anyone she talked to a lead even if they hung up on her and the other didn't make the calls.

Last edited:
FLM...my apologies if it was interpreted in that manner. Wasn't directing to you... just towards the thought of hand-dialing and my experiences with that scenario. I'd sooner have my fingernails pulled out with pliers than go back to hand-dialing. Hope you have a productive day!

W
they have their own dialing system, I don't own the company, just did business with them and took the time to answer the guy's question, you don't have to lecture me.

My apologies, didn't mean to lecture.

When I talked to them, they said they use a single line dialer.
You need to have 3 telemarketers, before it turns into a predictive dialer. I did ask if they can up it to at least 2 lines, but didn't get a solid answer.
They also require you to do 80 hour packages over a 2 week period. When I asked how many records for 80 hours of dialing and was told only 2000. That seems low for 80 hours of work.

When I talked to them, they said they use a single line dialer.
You need to have 3 telemarketers, before it turns into a predictive dialer. I did ask if they can up it to at least 2 lines, but didn't get a solid answer.
They also require you to do 80 hour packages over a 2 week period. When I asked how many records for 80 hours of dialing and was told only 2000. That seems low for 80 hours of work.

You don't need three telemarketers to go predictive, you should have at least seven. That said, to go multi-line you only need one. On a b2c campaign you should be able to go 3-4 lines without a problem, but you can always watch it and scale it back.

For 80 hours of telemarketing 2,000 records isn't that far fetched. On 80 hours they should do about 6,000 dials, so after you filter out the not interested/disconnected/etc that's roughly 3-4 calls per record which is about right.

I've seen rates in the Philippines as low as $6/hour and as much as $12 for an experienced telemarketer. And I have to agree with timamr (not to get on a soap box)... hire American if you can. There are good people out there and it all starts with little steps down to the grass roots.

You can't really go wrong with any dialer although most are going web-based. And you want to be cautious with predictive dialers. They can tend to have more of a delay and lag time where the prospect answers the phone they can't hear you for a few seconds whereas power dialers are virtually eliminate that problem. A lot of people use the word “predictive” dialer loosely which is fine.... just need to know what you're dealing with as those first few seconds on the phone are the most important.

You definitely need reporting and records to track someone off-site and recordings are useful provided you have the prospects permission to record the calls for training purposes, quality or application purposes. Reports can tell you what they're doing, but what quality are you getting from that person. This is why I've always found is beneficial to have the telemarketer work out of my office or locally where I can continually train and guide them so they make more money and I write more business. There are plenty of people in your area looking for part-time work i.e. college students, retires or every day people looking for some extra money. If you'd like more info on hiring, interviewing, training and compensating telemarketers creatively so they don't dial for dollars pm me.

I think the biggest thing with any dialer is the user interface. Regardless of how many features it has it must be easy to use... just like a cell phone, TV or car stereo. The easier it is to use the quicker the agent can get up to speed and start generating that business.

Back