Passing Out Flyers Door to Door

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just found someone to go door to door passing out flyers for me for life ins.. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of % of return I would get ?

Too many variables.

- depends on the hook (message)
- how they find out more info (website, call, reply card . . .)
- the demographics

and most importantly

- verifying the actual number of flyers delivered

I've never done it but I'm guessing nowhere near what Matos has been getting with his survey.

My guess: Take 100% and subtract 99.5% from it. Unless you have an incredible hook line in that flyer, it is going to be tough to get much response. However, if you live in a very rural or small town, that number could increase quite a bit. I live in the city limits of Houston and flyers left on our doors don't even get a second glance on the way to trash bin.

Best of luck and please post your results.

That guy that is doing the door to door surveys is doing really well with it.

How successful is successful?

I would do door hangers rather than flyers. Just my opinion.

I have never had any luck with flyers or door hangers in promoting any of my ventures in the past. I must admit that I have never tried insurance like this. But, I did try "installing deadbolts" while in college and got 3 out of over 2500 passed out. I played on the fear of someone breaking into their home, and my girlfriend at the time and I passed all 2500 out. Never tried it again for deadbolts. Went and got a real job during college as well.

Back