Passing Out Flyers Door to Door

Agreed. Oxford Life has door hangers priced at 4 cents each....minimum order of 100. $4 for 100 double sided color door hangers isn't too shabby.

You can get 10,000 for just $200 with free shipping for $200 from doorhangers.com

Also the bags are just 1 cent each, if you want to stuff it with whatever you wish.

How successful is successful?

I have never had any luck with flyers or door hangers in promoting any of my ventures in the past. I must admit that I have never tried insurance like this. But, I did try "installing deadbolts" while in college and got 3 out of over 2500 passed out. I played on the fear of someone breaking into their home, and my girlfriend at the time and I passed all 2500 out. Never tried it again for deadbolts. Went and got a real job during college as well.

Did your flyer say something like this:

Hi As I was standing in front of your door today to put this flyer IU realized I could easily kick in your door and rob you of your peace of mind, ABC Deadbolts are an inexpensive way of not only protecting your items but also your family and its peace of mind yada yada yada

Then go back and kick in the other 2,497 doors :D

WHen it comes to door hangers. You get a better response when they see you leave it on the door and ask you what the hell are you doing then just leaving it on the door when they are not home.

Door Hangers are a way for people to get out of talking to people by knocking on their door.

I hate knocking on peoples doors.

WHen it comes to door hangers. You get a better response when they see you leave it on the door and ask you what the hell are you doing then just leaving it on the door when they are not home.

Door Hangers are a way for people to get out of talking to people by knocking on their door.

But you just pointed out why they are not effective and Jmatos has been having luck...You need to talk to these people.

The only way in my opinion for a door hanger to work, is to leave it when you missed someone, or if canvassing you leave it to let someone know you came by. I wouldn't expect a tremendous amount of phone calls if any from door hangers alone.

Last edited:

No offense, but I assume that is why you are an IMO. Don't get me wrong IMO's are much needed and a valuable asset to this industry, but the best sales people love to knock doors. In the rain, snow, summer, or winter. They are successful too.

No offense, but I assume that is why you are an IMO. Don't get me wrong IMO's are much needed and a valuable asset to this industry, but the best sales people love to knock doors. In the rain, snow, summer, or winter. They are successful too.

I do sell insurance, just not full time.

When I first started in the business I had to knock on doors and cold call full time.

It was just something to do until you learn better ways of doing it.

If I run out of prospects, I might try it. But I hate knocking on people's door.

Right now I have it down to a science that allows me to do it part time and still do really well with it.

But you just pointed out why they are not effective and Jmatos has been having luck...You need to talk to these people.

Exactly.....most of the time people do not wake up on Monday morning, and say, "hmmmmmm I think I will shop for life Insurance today."

In my experience, the people that do this, are dying or cant get underwritten. If this business was easy, they would be paying 7.25 an hour to everyone to take orders.

In this business we have acquired too many order takers! If you are an order taker you should go to McDonald's. Life Insurance has to be talked about. People dont want to talk about death and dying. They think the longer they go without making a decision the better off they are. The real agents in this business, strike conversations, and encourage people to talk. The best way to do this is door knocking. Hence my survey is one opportunity. There are other options too. However, if you are afraid to talk to people, bashful, easily intimidated, or discouraged this is not the business for you! You may consider a real job before you go broke!:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I do sell insurance, just not full time.

When I first started in the business I had to knock on doors and cold call full time.

It was just something to do until you learn better ways of doing it.

If I run out of prospects, I might try it. But I hate knocking on people's door.

Right now I have it down to a science that allows me to do it part time and still do really well with it.

Well I understand what you are saying here. After knocking on doors for a few years, and getting referrals, and good book of business, then you should have enough rapport established that it makes life easier.

Last edited:
Back