Senior Life Insurance Company-worth adding??

You're right. The 2nd best rate (I think it's super preferred) is still top comp but the best rates (ultimate preferred or something) has a big commission cut. This was in the most recent comp plan I got a couple months ago.

I was started at a dismal 90% (and that was after contesting to the 80% they offered me), yet if I write a Ultimate Preferred FE plan, SL will pay me a whopping 25% commission. These policies are for looks, not for use because nobody is going to write that crap.

The ultra-preferred used to be (and may still be) the cheapest rate in the country amongst any SIWL FE plans. The ultra-preferred is best used only when you need to beat a competitor's price to get the biz. Half loaf is better than no loaf. I've never had to use the ultra-preferred plan yet, but would not hesitate to use it if needed.

The super-preferred is still very price competitive and there's NO MIB. If SL gets the app and pic of check before 3 pm est you are paid that same night!

Brokers who represent other companies always get lower commissions. They just don't bring as much to the table as a full-time agent. Full time agents who write all their biz with SL start at higher comp levels, decide their advance %, get the good training, and get the attention and respect they deserve. (No need to train brokers who write for the competition. The broker's upline should already have handled that. Has your upline done that for you?)

If anyone needs details or a contract call me 8 am est - 8 pm est Mon thru Sat. I always like comparing notes and chatting about FE.

I'm contracted with them but you'll never catch me writing them. Too many stories of people picking up stupid vectors for fake debt. Yes their super and ultra preferred are competitive but the very best rate has horrible comp which means it's not really an offer. The 2nd best (can't remember which is which) is in the pack with the rest of the price busters but there are other companies that I'm more comfortable writing.

One thing I do like about SL is their lack of MIB, RX. Basically, whatever you write is automatically issued if it's under 25k. I got set up on their Leads The Way App where you can order live television leads and live transfers but this would only work for phone sales since every lead was over 2 hours away from me and I'm in South Florida.

Close....it's 20k or less that has no MIB. All face amounts do have RX checks.

The live transfers from TV leads are excellent for tele-sales. Higher population areas like Phoenix, Detroit, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, etc. make it possible for face 2 face agents to be able to work these live transfers and live TV leads in the field rather than tele-sales.

If anyone wants more details or would like to try this out for 30 days call me....252-292-3350 from 8 am est to 8 pm est Mon thru Sat.

Close....it's 20k or less that has no MIB. All face amounts do have RX checks.

The live transfers from TV leads are excellent for tele-sales. Higher population areas like Phoenix, Detroit, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, etc. make it possible for face 2 face agents to be able to work these live transfers and live TV leads in the field rather than tele-sales.

If anyone wants more details or would like to try this out for 30 days call me....252-292-3350 from 8 am est to 8 pm est Mon thru Sat.

Is there an instant decision with the RX check on the eapp or is that an issue you would hear about after the fact?

What kind of closing ratios are your non call center telesales agents seeing on the live transfers?

Is there an instant decision with the RX check on the eapp or is that an issue you would hear about after the fact?

What kind of closing ratios are your non call center telesales agents seeing on the live transfers?

If you are appointed with SL you would have your answer. You must have never written even one app?

As far as closing %'s I don't have any exact metrics. Suffice it to say it will vary from agent to agent, just like it varies from agent to agent doing face 2 face. Probably 1 out 3 to 1 out of 4.

The beauty of live transfers is not any improvement on closing %. It's the fact that you eliminate the wasted blocks of time where you are dialing the same number over and over or dropping by the prospect's house over and over. With live transfers you spend a larger % of your 40 hours doing presentations rather than wasting time trying to catch up with a lead. And, of course the more presentations you make in your work week the more sales you make.

If anyone would like to try live transfers for a few weeks to test the waters please call me anytime from 8 am est to 8 pm est Mon thru Sat. Field sales or phone sales.

I say 8 am est to 8 pm est Mon thru Sat because I'm always available for my agents during those times. Other uplines with other agencies do the same thing, right? If they don't you should ask them why they don't do that.

The ultra-preferred used to be (and may still be) the cheapest rate in the country amongst any SIWL FE plans. The ultra-preferred is best used only when you need to beat a competitor's price to get the biz. Half loaf is better than no loaf. I've never had to use the ultra-preferred plan yet, but would not hesitate to use it if needed.

The super-preferred is still very price competitive and there's NO MIB. If SL gets the app and pic of check before 3 pm est you are paid that same night!

Brokers who represent other companies always get lower commissions. They just don't bring as much to the table as a full-time agent. Full time agents who write all their biz with SL start at higher comp levels, decide their advance %, get the good training, and get the attention and respect they deserve. (No need to train brokers who write for the competition. The broker's upline should already have handled that. Has your upline done that for you?)

If anyone needs details or a contract call me 8 am est - 8 pm est Mon thru Sat. I always like comparing notes and chatting about FE.
Using a “price buster” product that you only bring out for competitive purposes is generally distasteful to me. It’s even more so when the pricebuster product is in the same company. Smacks of used car sales tactics. “Hey, guess what! I just looked again and you might be able to get the ‘friends and family’ rate!”:twitchy:

Using a “price buster” product that you only bring out for competitive purposes is generally distasteful to me. It’s even more so when the pricebuster product is in the same company. Smacks of used car sales tactics. “Hey, guess what! I just looked again and you might be able to get the ‘friends and family’ rate!”:twitchy:

If you are so concerned with price, why are you running a debit where the rates are outrageously high?

If you are appointed with SL you would have your answer. You must have never written even one app?

As far as closing %'s I don't have any exact metrics. Suffice it to say it will vary from agent to agent, just like it varies from agent to agent doing face 2 face. Probably 1 out 3 to 1 out of 4.

The beauty of live transfers is not any improvement on closing %. It's the fact that you eliminate the wasted blocks of time where you are dialing the same number over and over or dropping by the prospect's house over and over. With live transfers you spend a larger % of your 40 hours doing presentations rather than wasting time trying to catch up with a lead. And, of course the more presentations you make in your work week the more sales you make.

If anyone would like to try live transfers for a few weeks to test the waters please call me anytime from 8 am est to 8 pm est Mon thru Sat. Field sales or phone sales.

I say 8 am est to 8 pm est Mon thru Sat because I'm always available for my agents during those times. Other uplines with other agencies do the same thing, right? If they don't you should ask them why they don't do that.

I've written for them but it's been a couple years. I just recently was appointed again but haven't written this time around.

If you are so concerned with price, why are you running a debit where the rates are outrageously high?
Ah, you make my point for me! I’m not concerned with price! LOL!

I run a debit to serve people who either need or want that product with the accompanying level of service. You may remember telling me that you don’t write those people at all. They need to be drafted to buy from you. If someone is willing to be bank drafted, I will place them with an appropriate product. I don’t have a pricebuster in my bag for special situations.

(BTW, most of the SL policies I’ve run into seem to be priced in line with my debit product, so not sure why you think my prices would be outrageously high. Admittedly, I don’t run into SL that often in the areas where I mainly work, so I could be wrong, but it seems like the local SL guys aren’t writing any super or ultra preferred at all, and not much preferred.)

Ah, you make my point for me! I’m not concerned with price! LOL!

I run a debit to serve people who either need or want that product with the accompanying level of service. You may remember telling me that you don’t write those people at all. They need to be drafted to buy from you. If someone is willing to be bank drafted, I will place them with an appropriate product. I don’t have a pricebuster in my bag for special situations.

(BTW, most of the SL policies I’ve run into seem to be priced in line with my debit product, so not sure why you think my prices would be outrageously high. Admittedly, I don’t run into SL that often in the areas where I mainly work, so I could be wrong, but it seems like the local SL guys aren’t writing any super or ultra preferred at all, and not much preferred.)

Since SL raised commissions on the super preferred and the preferred, you'll see a lot of that is now being written where appropriate. Before this commission raise agents were writing standard, at higher premiums, because the commissions were the highest at that time. So you are probably comparing the standard rates for SL with your debit company.

If you're not concerned with price, as mentioned above, why would you find it distasteful to use a price buster when needed to get the business.

Back