Settlers Enhanced Interview! Barf!

After sitting through a 40 min RNA POS last Thursday (not my client was doing a ride-a-long) I will never and I mean never write them if I have any other carrier that will handle the client. It was excruciating. :mad:

That is unusual now... They must have had a Trainee.... Our average time has been 18 min now.... have not seen the 40 min since the first week it rolled out.

If you suspect a novice.... End the call and call back 2 minutes later to get a different person... works every time.

That is unusual now... They must have had a Trainee.... Our average time has been 18 min now.... have not seen the 40 min since the first week it rolled out. If you suspect a novice.... End the call and call back 2 minutes later to get a different person... works every time.

I do that with Aetna all the time.

Yes. They have shelved their Spartan plan that they were working on. The goal was to have set priced leads for all Settlers agents and have a level of production that got you 50% co-op and a top level that got you 100% free leads.

The problem has been that they are VERY conservative and they do not want to put their company behind any lead that is misleading to the public. So they tested leads with very up front language that it is about meeting with an agent to quote life insurance. Of course responses were terrible.

They tried several lead vendors but couldn't find one that could get decent response rates without using misleading statements on the lead.

SO...they have brought our a lead credit for agents who like to write a good amount of Settlers, they will get between 10% to around 12% lead bonuses.

The actual "Spartans" will remain as their very few top producers who have always gotten 100% co-op on their lead costs. Settlers just won't be providing the leads.

Newby what do you do for Settlers? Do you tell them what would be better for agents etc...

Newby what do you do for Settlers? Do you tell them what would be better for agents etc...

We give them a lot of input. They know what to do. They are just very slow to change.

1. POS interviews need to be shortened. Needs to result in a decision 99% of the time. (Work in progress)

2. Lead program that attracts agents- they were very close to this. Hesitating but not completely dead.

3. Clarify the underwriting- They need clarity for their RX knockouts. Agents won't sell what they don't understand.

Even with all this room for improvement, they are having an increase in sales. Every agent should carry them. They are good for a lot of cases.

We give them a lot of input. They know what to do. They are just very slow to change.

1. POS interviews need to be shortened. Needs to result in a decision 99% of the time. (Work in progress)

2. Lead program that attracts agents- they were very close to this. Hesitating but not completely dead.

3. Clarify the underwriting- They need clarity for their RX knockouts. Agents won't sell what they don't understand.

Even with all this room for improvement, they are having an increase in sales. Every agent should carry them. They are good for a lot of cases.

Wow, good stuff. I consider them my Mutual of the FE world.

Does Settlers have a drug knockout list or a list of drugs that would be acceptable for Gold, Silver etc?

I believe he's on the field advisory board?

Here's the way they usually work: under the guise of giving "input" on decisions (my opinion counts!) they meet in the HO. What they're really trying to do is measure the field fallout from the decisions they've already made - without any "input".

Back