Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Stastny said:
Sorry about that. I hate it when people do that and don't offer an explanation. Guess I'm as guilty as every one else.

CMS (Center for Medicare / Medicaid Services). The govt agency that is setting the rules and regs for what agents can and can't do when contacting seniors about Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans.

Am I the only one who is getting sick and tired of "big brother" protecting me from all the "bad people" out there.

No, I have now decided to market directly the "Supplement". Then at the table if they prefer the MA fine with me that app is in the folder. Some will suggest there might be a bit of a problem? Oh well, life is full of problems I suppose. I have yet had anyone of standing suggest there is a problem so in reality I think I am fine.

Frank Stastny said:
Sorry about that. I hate it when people do that and don't offer an explanation. Guess I'm as guilty as every one else.

CMS (Center for Medicare / Medicaid Services). The govt agency that is setting the rules and regs for what agents can and can't do when contacting seniors about Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans.

Am I the only one who is getting sick and tired of "big brother" protecting me from all the "bad people" out there.

Thank you for the clarification. I second your thoughts pertaining to Big Brother.

[Frank Stastny wrote:]

[/quote]

Frank you aren't the only one I thought that job belonged to Scruff McGough and his korny little tv ads

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike_Golden1 said:
my first step is to mail them an information package, about 10 pages of stuff including an overview brochure, census form, and cover letter.

I'd love to see what is in the 10 pages you send them. Maybe you can scan and post a PDF of it. That would be helpful to healthcare agents (like myself.)

Al

Mike_Golden1 said:
al3 said:
Mike_Golden1 said:
my first step is to mail them an information package, about 10 pages of stuff including an overview brochure, census form, and cover letter.

I'd love to see what is in the 10 pages you send them. Maybe you can scan and post a PDF of it. That would be helpful to healthcare agents (like myself.)

Al

Al,

It's pretty basic:

1. Cover letter (1 page)
2. Individual Census Form (1 page)
3. Group census form (1 page)
4. One page Assurant Health ad slick (one of their standard pieces with my contact info
5. Assurant Product Overview Brochure (6 pages)
6. Sample Rate Guide (1 page)

That's a total of 10 pages-like I said, no one seems to look at it but it shows them I'm serious

I had another sale this morning, actually 2-Husband on Medicare Advantage (he's 73), Wife and 19 year old Child on Assurant SaveRight HSA PPO. Plus, he has a recently hired VP who is paying $864 a month (family) for COBRA and I can sign him up for a Golden Rule HSA 100 for about $550 and, even with the deductible, he will be paying less than his base cost now. He also wants $1.2M of term insurance so today was a pretty good day.

Would you be kind enough to explain to all of us what type of information is on your individual or group census form? Thanks.

Mike,

Congratulations! I'm sure you did your homework and worked hard for it.

That's what this business is all about. It's a shame we can't bottle that feeling so we can "take a sip" of it on the days that aren't nearly as good.

Good luck with the others that are pending.

Mike_Golden1 said:
al3 said:
Mike_Golden1 said:

Al

Al,

It's pretty basic:

1. Cover letter (1 page)
2. Individual Census Form (1 page)
3. Group census form (1 page)
4. One page Assurant Health ad slick (one of their standard pieces with my contact info
5. Assurant Product Overview Brochure (6 pages)
6. Sample Rate Guide (1 page)

That's a total of 10 pages-like I said, no one seems to look at it but it shows them I'm serious

I had another sale this morning, actually 2-Husband on Medicare Advantage (he's 73), Wife and 19 year old Child on Assurant SaveRight HSA PPO. Plus, he has a recently hired VP who is paying $864 a month (family) for COBRA and I can sign him up for a Golden Rule HSA 100 for about $550 and, even with the deductible, he will be paying less than his base cost now. He also wants $1.2M of term insurance so today was a pretty good day.

What do you include in your rate guide (i.e., price range based on ages, carriers, etc.) and how has that been working out for you? I have been referring clients to my website to play around with the quote engine, but am open to mailing out packets. Thanks.

-J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back