Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each of us has to deal with our own conscience. I can sleep very well at night knowing I did not compromise my values just to earn a commission. I never have, never will, show a Saver or Right plan. The only plan I offer with Aetna is the Value plan which does not have a cap on Rx.

Somehow I seem to make enough to live on, without offering a lesser plan just to pad my own numbers.

I have clients taking meds that run $2k - $3k per month for ONE med. Other folks I have met are paying as much as $5k/month for ONE med.

I have a client right now that was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, not good!! They can't do Chemo due to the duration, so they have her on a cancer drug that cost's $8,000 a month!! This is real people! Don't screw someone just to make a sale or save a buck or two. Oh and the kicker, I took them off an Assurant Right Start which had a 2k cap yearly on prescription drugs!

My dog ain't in this hunt but we are all professionals can't we have a little fun w/o getting too personal smoke a fattie and CHILL!!!

Bob (somarco) makes an excellent point that we can learn from. Obviously some are too insecure and immature to accept constructive criticism.

To do the right job for the client (and I've been doing it for 16 years so I must be doing something right), the first thing you have to plan for is disaster, then work backward.

The client is far better served by buying a more comprehensive policy with a higher deductible. You may have to "educate" the client that payment arrangements are easily made with providers for the deductible. The price point will be virtually the same (negating the argument that dollars are tight).

Caps and maximums should never become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back