Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as a plug, Mike's using Jamie's telemarketed leads. What kind of feeling do you think I wake up with knowing I wasted 2 years on internet lead garbage when I could have spent less money on exclusive leads.

When money's an issue I'd rather sell the SaveRight HSA than the Right Start. Remember that the most popular individual plan in the state of MD is Blue Cross' Personal Comp - 1 mill in coverage with a $500 drug cap. They sell those plans like double cheesburgers for a buck. I'll sell anything over that.

When money's an issue I'd rather sell the SaveRight HSA than the Right Start. Remember that the most popular individual plan in the state of MD is Blue Cross' Personal Comp - 1 mill in coverage with a $500 drug cap. They sell those plans like double cheesburgers for a buck. I'll sell anything over that.

Pure Crap..... It annoys me how some people put such low importance on the value of health care. My car payment is 180.45 a month and my insurance plans is right around 150 I think. That would get me half a mercedes if I combined the two.

Well, do we have all the insurance available? Do we have disability and LTC? I don't. And I'm sure a good disability agent would tell me that I'm taking a horrible risk by not having it. I'm rolling the dice. If I end up disabled I'm obviously screwed but that's not enough to motivate me to get it. A lot of people feel the exact same way about health.

You'd like to sell a Cadillac every time but the reality is some people can't afford anything but a used Cavalier. It is what it is. And there's a huge difference between coming right in with Copay Saver, or anything with "Right" in the name and not even showing or offering other plans and offering HSA and Max first then having to come down because of affordability issues.

According to the Time RSD for GA, the Right Start plans comprise 40% of sales . . . and he says that with pride.

Junk cover as far as I am concerned. If they wont buy full coverage, even with a higher deductible, they need to buy from someone else. When they run up $650k in claims, like a family friend did in just over 2 months time, and find out the plan has a $100k cap, who do you think they are coming after?

It wont be me.

The plans with a copay + percentage of the Rx are only slightly better. How long can you pay 20% to 50% of the cost of a $3k med that needs to be refilled every month?

I have clients taking meds that run $2k - $3k per month for ONE med. Other folks I have met are paying as much as $5k/month for ONE med.

Stick that in your calculator and you will see just how poor some of the plans on the market are.

If a carrier is not willing to belly up to the bar and offer full coverage then they dont get my business.

Great - but neither here nor there when you're dealing with male 58 smoker and female 56 smoker with limited income. Anything with "Right" in it is such an incredibally low percentage of what I write it's not even worth talking about. But I'm not gonna leave somone without insurance either.

And 40% of sales are Right Start? That's horribly wrong - that's bad training which is why I'm back to offering contracts and training.

If a carrier is not willing to belly up to the bar and offer full coverage then they dont get my business.

Who offers full coverage and what do you consider to be full coverage in your state? Thanks...

-J.R.

Since Mike has been trained by John, I am confident that he is not ignorant, nor do I think he is trying to push limited plans down people's throats. Although I will say that being born and raised in NJ, I will disregard his NY affiliations :cool:

I agree that one should start off with the One Deductible Plan first, with or without an HSA, followed by Max, CoreMed and the "Right" stuff plans as a last resort.

Case in point, I had a client yesterday who wanted to cheapest coverage he could get that would cover his 6 in the event something catostrophic came up with. "OK, fair enough, w/out copays you can get that."

He was paying $170 a month for a limited MEGA plan and I switched him over to a One Deductible Plan w/out an HSA (his choice) for $108 a month. If he wanted a "right" HSA he would have saved $17 a month, but increased his liability exponentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back