Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many have actually looked at the SaveRight HSA benefits for prescription drugs? The $2,000 Maximum for RX can be increased to the Plan Maximum ($2M) for an additional premium of less than 10%. But I guess that would require actually looking at the Summary of Benefits and Rates and make it more difficult to criticize someone else. And it's always much cooler to call people names and in the process feel better about yourself and your limitations, isn't it?

Plus its a whole lot more fun! Just kidding! Don't let this march madness get the best of ya.

Mike, Mike, you're getting your panties in a wad over nothing. Nobody called you any names.

If I'm not mistaken, Assurant/Time/Fortis/whatever they're called now has a $25,000 annual cap on outpatient in their Save Right HSA PPO (at least here in FL)? That cannot be increased, can it?

Personal Comp in MD has a $500 cap on drugs. Would it be your advice that no one under any circumstance buy that plan? How 'bout if you're a 62 years old smoker and can only afford just over a $100 month for health insurance and she contacts me. I'm not being an *** - this was one of my clients two weeks ago; 62 year old lady and she smokes - no current coverage, laid off from her job and had about $100 to spend.

I put her on Personal Comp with a $5,000 deductible for $127. Please get back to me with her other options.

Or I tell her I can't help her because she's not rich enough to be my client.

Well, you alluded to me being insecure and immature and Somarco said I resort to selling these plans to pad my commission numbers. If those aren't calling me names I guess I must have failed reading comprehension while I was getting my MBA.

I have already posted, on this thread, that the SaveRight HSA has a $25,000 Outpatient Annual Outpatient maximum. There is also a $15,000 Maximum option that I will not offer my clients. I would be hard pressed to think of a procedure or condition where the $25K would be used up; my wife had an outpatient procedure last year that involved the removal of an ovary and the total bill was under $15K. But I'm sure you will give me a list of possible times when this will be a problem along with a bunch of other criticisms now that I put the RX limitation to bed.

I don't even know why this is an issue; I always give my clients an option of 2 plans; if they choose the SaveRight HSA it is because they understand the limitations and have decided to select it for their own reasons. If some of you don't like that then do your business in whatever manner is the best for you. You've never seen me criticizing anyone else for they way they do business, have you?

My wife had her ovary removed due to a cyst or whatever that developed and cause it to flip. Now at first the attempted to remove the cyst via micro (not cutting her) and that failed due to the size of the cyst. They then had to do it the old fashion way, hell of a scar and lost the cyst and ovary! Yet though the cost was greater then 25 grand, quite a bit if I remember correctly. So depending, I can see someone blowing thru 25 grand without any great difficulty.

Well it's always interstesting to get into these discussions. Allow me to recap:

I can't sell CoreMed because of the 50% drug coinsurance - can't sell Aetna because of the $5,000 cap on drugs - can't sell any Blue Cross plan because their their drug limitations - can't sell Optimum Choice, another cap on drugs - can't sell Kaiser, another cap on drugs.....

So I'm selling GR.....oooops, can't get anyone through underwriting without 10 riders on pre-ex and loss of drug coverage. So I'm only selling Assurant HSAs?

Lol. Sometimes this is better than going to the movies.

Well it's always interstesting to get into these discussions. Allow me to recap:

I can't sell CoreMed because of the 50% drug coinsurance - can't sell Aetna because of the $5,000 cap on drugs - can't sell any Blue Cross plan because their their drug limitations - can't sell Optimum Choice, another cap on drugs - can't sell Kaiser, another cap on drugs.....

So I'm selling GR.....oooops, can't get anyone through underwriting without 10 riders on pre-ex and loss of drug coverage. So I'm only selling Assurant HSAs?

Lol. Sometimes this is better than going to the movies.

Well, I hope you paid your admissions today, or it could get ugly real quick!:biglaugh:

Don't you just love being told what you should sell and why! Now I'm thinking for younger people some of these limited plans may be okay. Yet I know at my age and things that happen to me recently I would feel out there and naked (now that aint pretty people) with some of these limited plans. Yet when I was in my twenties or thirties I wouldn't of thought twice about it plus I likely look better naked, and looking back I don't see anything that would of challenge my coverage unless some freak accident happened.

Was this all done as an Outpatient or was she admitted? It's hard to believe that after all that she was sent home the same day.

Happened on Thanksgiving Day, the Doc said it would be outpatient likely but it turned into a week stay for her. Dang complications! The Doc warned us but thougth he could get the cyst without evasive surgery, oh well, what is it they say? Oh yea, "Best laid plans of mice and men".

Lol. It's always funny getting judged by agents who don't write a lot of business.

Anyone? 62 year old female smoker - can afford just about $100 a month with no current coverage?

I believe we left off at "if she doesnt' listen to my advice then I walk away from her."

No replies? Cat got everyones tongue? Or are there some cases where it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back