Success with Ritter Marketing -

State Farm built their company by literally selling one product. It wasn’t until much later they have expanded their product lines. An agent will make less money being a jack of all trades

Once again, apples to apples please. I'm not saying that an agent can be a master of all, but I am saying that an agent can be a master of 2, 3, or 4.

I think I already explained myself. They didn't evaluate risk properly on one of their products.

The only way to tell is to

State Farm took an 8 BILLION dollar loss in one year recently. It was equated to one thing: a lack of focus. Their lack of focus made them open to taking on more risk than they had anticipated.

Sounds more like an actuarial issue than anything to do with sales and marketing. That's why they pay them all that money to take 10 years worth of rigorous exams.

Comparing 1st day coverage FE to Med Supps...not that much different.

Thank You, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

From the outside looking in, the amount of medical terminology tossed about here seems quite complex and daunting-It seems like learning even one set would be quite challenging-if a new person had to learn two sets for two products, I thought it would be a pretty high barrier to get across.

How isn’t it apples to apples?

Because he said Master of ALL. I'm not talking about an agent being a master of all, just 2 or 3 things. And yes, that can can happen and does happen all the time. I am living proof of that, so no, I don't buy into some saying that you can only master one product. That's pure hogwash. If you have never tried to master 2 things at once you wouldn't know if it works for you or not. My point to some of the naysayers is that they wouldn't know because they have never lived it. I have and I've watched many agents do it as well. So this is something that I KNOW about, not just an opinion.

I think agents would do better to focus on a niche and master it before moving on and adding something else. Of course you can master more than one thing, but if you spread your focus at the beginning it could hurt you in the long run.

I think agents would do better to focus on a niche and master it before moving on and adding something else. Of course you can master more than one thing, but if you spread your focus at the beginning it could hurt you in the long run.

And there's the difference I'm talking about. You think. I know.

Back