Trade Show Ideas

"but would have been nice would have been some large posters of case studies."

Respectfully, I don't know if large is a good idea... Let's say I'm attending and a see Big insurance sign stuff from a distance.. Do I approach? or does every sterotypical vision of an insurance agent dance in my head? ;) Could you be losing out before that person's even talked to you?

the largest sign I would use is my name and then "dinner at xyz" (or what have you)..

Have a couple tables on each side of the booth. DO NOT BLOCK YOUR BOOTH WITH THE TABLE! make a U shape and on each table put placards like "health insurance" "life insurance" "Retirement plans"..etc.. with any sales "fluffy" stuff with your business card stapled to each one. Fishbowl in the back table for drawing.

Get about five clipboards to attach entries to and just hand em out, "hi, while you're here, take a second fill this out and enter to win dinner. you don't have to be interested in any of my services to win. but,if you are, and would like to talk about it please check the subject you're interested in and we'll talk later. thanks."

Smile, have fun. keep it light. Long conversations can be killers if people flow in bunches, be careful.

Granted you may want to tone it a bit different than I did. I used to do women's shows with 30,000 visitors over 3 days. Three 14 hour days and I'd come away with about 350-500 (out of about 3-5 thousand entries)leads which would result in 25-100 sales over the year(my share).

There'd be about 3 of us going at one time. It was pretty good overall. The hardest part for me was finding a couple other agents who could do it as well as me. That's probably why I stopped, more than anything else.

Real Estate Investors of Michigan

They have their annual Trade Show in Grand Rapids this weekend.

Just called up to see about a booth for the event after reading about this post.

They anticipate 800 to 1300 attendees. Cost is $295 for a space.

I may not be able to pull this off on such a short notice, but told them to place me on their list for next year.

I can buy 35 shared leads, or sit there for the same price.

Thanks for all the input from everyone. The show was a success, especially with what little planning and material I had.

Thanks for all the input from everyone. The show was a success, especially with what little planning and material I had.

Just curious about specifics on your experience...

How many attendees...? How many cards did you obtain...? Any sseeminly good, immediate prospects with interest in making a change in covg...? Any appts set from last night...? What was the overall reception to you as the health ins professional in the room...? (Hopefully no correlation to the elephant in the room).

Roughly 110 attendees. 28 "entries" filled out. 12 out of the 28 checked off interested in health, 4 out of the 12 were interested in both health and life, and 0 just interested in life. 1 out of the 12 called me first thing this morning and was sold into an HSA as thats what my flyer had info about that I was passing out. The remaining 11 I plan on calling Monday so that I don't seem pushy by calling right away. There were no P & C agents there which I was surprised about since all of these people are purchasing homes. I got a lot of questions whether or not I sold it. Next time I will bring a P & C guy with me.

Did the hot girlfriend help? Maybe she could do it all and you stay in the background. Maybe she doesn't even need you and she should get licensed. ;)

I've been trying to convince her to do that, but she has a great job with major benefits. 4 weeks paid vacation, 8% matching. And yes, it definitely helped for people to see her instead of me!

Just curious about specifics on your experience...

How many attendees...? How many cards did you obtain...? Any sseeminly good, immediate prospects with interest in making a change in covg...? Any appts set from last night...? What was the overall reception to you as the health ins professional in the room...? (Hopefully no correlation to the elephant in the room).

However, there may be a correlation to an 800 pound gorilla in the room!:shocked:

Back