Trade Show Ideas

I've been trying to convince her to do that, but she has a great job with major benefits. 4 weeks paid vacation, 8% matching. And yes, it definitely helped for people to see her instead of me!

Well you did mention she was a banker... hopefully not with Citi, or other such (Gov't) brands. She may well be a GS 9 before it is over.

Some times Trade Show's work well. Just did two weekend shows and wrote $30k AP. Spent only $400. Not bad ROI.

Bringing back an old but relevant thread. I have a few trade shows/fairs happening soon and I'm split on the type of raffle I should use.

I like the idea of using gift cards for gas or groceries, maybe even a cash prize compared to a raffle for an ipod or other electronic because people who aren't interested in a new ipod at all is a lost opportunity.

On the other hand they can visualize having an ipod and taking something rather then winning a gift card. What's your take on this or are both completely ambiguous and more about how I work the booth?

Bringing back an old but relevant thread. I have a few trade shows/fairs happening soon and I'm split on the type of raffle I should use.

I like the idea of using gift cards for gas or groceries, maybe even a cash prize compared to a raffle for an ipod or other electronic because people who aren't interested in a new ipod at all is a lost opportunity.

On the other hand they can visualize having an ipod and taking something rather then winning a gift card. What's your take on this or are both completely ambiguous and more about how I work the booth?

I posted this in a previous thread on the same subject. Please read and reevaluate your idea. It is a waste of time and money to do a give away.

"The true problem here is the way you obtained the phone numbers through a drawing for a gas card. I have had a booth at our local fair the past 5 years and the leads I collect are people interested in my services not random seniors trying to win a gas card. I have seen other insurance companies try this and essentially all you have is a box of 100 names that are hoping to win something. They have no interest in your services. Wouldn't you rather have 10 solid leads that know what you do and are expecting to hear from you? "

I posted this in a previous thread on the same subject. Please read and reevaluate your idea. It is a waste of time and money to do a give away.

"The true problem here is the way you obtained the phone numbers through a drawing for a gas card. I have had a booth at our local fair the past 5 years and the leads I collect are people interested in my services not random seniors trying to win a gas card. I have seen other insurance companies try this and essentially all you have is a box of 100 names that are hoping to win something. They have no interest in your services. Wouldn't you rather have 10 solid leads that know what you do and are expecting to hear from you? "

So what do you do at the fair?
What are you displaying to get people to come over to see your booth? What kind of information are you giving out? I ask since I am doing a fair in 3 weeks!

I have tried several prizes but the most successful for her here in Northern CA has been good wine... names like Silver Oak and Opus One people really excited. I had an Ipad and wine at a classic wooden boat show in Tahoe mid summer when the Ipad first came out and the wine drew the right type of prospect... th ipad appealed to their kids.

Back