2025 AEP for PDP - Process

Source? So we can't help people enroll?

this is what the statement of understanding says .....

I understand and agree to the following:​

• I must keep Hospital (Part A) or Medical (Part B) to keep Wellcare Classic (PDP).
  • By joining Wellcare Classic (PDP), I acknowledge that this plan will share my information with Medicare, who may use it to track my enrollment, to make payments, and for other purposes allowed by Federal law that authorize collection of this information.
  • The information I entered is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that if I intentionally provide false information on this form, I will be disenrolled from the plan.
  • I understand that people with Medicare are generally not covered under Medicare while out of the country, except for limited coverage near the U.S. border.
""I understand that by checking the box below, this is my signature (or the signature of the person legally authorized to act on my behalf) on this application,"" and it means that I have read and understand these statements.

If a person legally authorized to act on my behalf checks the box below, it certifies that:

1. This person is authorized under state law to complete this application, and
  2. Documentation of this person’s legal authority is available upon request by Medicare.
I've read and agree to these statements.

Who is the person completing this application?​

I am the person joining the plan (or I am helping the person join the plan)
I am the person legally authorized under state law to act on the behalf of the person

And there you go.
""I understand that by checking the box below, this is my signature (or the signature of the person legally authorized to act on my behalf) on this application,"" and it means that I have read and understand these statements.

1. Who can assist enrollees with enrollment in a Medicare prescription drug plan?
    Enrollees may obtain assistance in finding a plan to better match their needs by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or by going to the CMS website [EXTERNAL LINK] - Find a Medicare plan or by contacting HIICAP at 1-800-701-0501. Only the enrollee, or their legally authorized representative, can actually enroll the enrollee in a PDP but anyone, especially their physician or pharmacist, can help them understand and choose their plan.

1. Who can assist enrollees with enrollment in a Medicare prescription drug plan?
    Enrollees may obtain assistance in finding a plan to better match their needs by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or by going to the CMS website [EXTERNAL LINK] - Find a Medicare plan or by contacting HIICAP at 1-800-701-0501. Only the enrollee, or their legally authorized representative, can actually enroll the enrollee in a PDP but anyone, especially their physician or pharmacist, can help them understand and choose their plan.
I guess CMS is legally authorized under state law to act on the behalf of the person when one calls 1-800-Medicare to enroll them.

The reality is that if @Special Agent is right it's not a big deal I'll literally tell them to call 1800 Medicare. We should all jam those phones.
I have had agents from 1-800-Medicare enroll them into an MAPD plan when I tell them to call and enroll in a PDP plan. The more you tell your clients to go somewhere else too get the coverage the more they will start to doubt the agent. When I was in a call center I would shark so many agents business because they pawned them off. I would say man the agent didn't take care of you very well did they. We were trained to do that.

Back