My Mentor Isn't Happy

They are really easy and take a lot of the stress out of cold calling. It takes about an hour to get comfortable with it and you can blow right through list then. A dialer is a must if you are going to be cold calling.

Josh,

So are the calls forwarded to my landline if some one pics up or would it all be over the computer? Like I said I have no idea how they work:no:

Nope, not quite. You use a USB headset and it does all the audio through your computer internet browser.

Josh, I was looking at your pricing, what is this 40 hours stuff on there?

It's a way of helping agents pay less for the dialer. Most will use less than 10 or 20 hours a week so I have plans less expensive than the unlimited plans they usually look at. $49/ month for 40 hours a month (about 10/week) or $79/month for 80 hours a month (about 20 hours per week).

Thank you again everyone for your responses. I talked to my mentor today. I told him that I was going to continue cold calling. He said that he just doesn't see if paying off but that he understands that I need to be doing activity and that he hopes it works to get me more appointments and that I can get it to completely referrals. He also said not to come to him with questions regarding cold marketing because he has never done it and doesn't have answers. So, looks like I am going to be on this list quite a bit sucking in all the knowledge possible.:D

He sounds like a decent guy.

Agree with LGilmore: "If you're going to work for an Ash hole, make sure it is the one in the mirror."

When I was first licensing out, I went to work at NWM. I was stuck in a tiny desk, in a back corner and taught all these cold-callings. I was miserable.

One day, I look up - across other offices - and saw guys there repeating the same cold calling script and they had to have been there for years!

I asked myself...do I want to work in a place like this for the next 10 years, or do I want to have my own office and decide to go golfing with a potential customer? And, why hand my networking materials to another company? It is true, you are only contracted out. You can get your own carriers. Call some brokers.

One day, I just packed my things & quietly left. And, I didn't look back. I'm much happier today.

Good advice, I like it...

Say to him, "That's fine. I'm sure they have a system for getting referrals take it, test it for time and quality etc.

Don't brag to your bosses they will see your income anyway.

Shh keep your system secret. Script it out and then when your mentor comes around may be you can make a deal to sell it to him.... heh heh heh

Nice Work...

Last edited:
I've been having some luck cold calling. I've set 6 appointments so far off the list once I get interest I've done some qualifying as well. I also have 4 people who I've had conversations with that at least want a call back who seem interested. I think that I am going to have to invest in a dialer. Josh, since I got my list from you I will be getting dialer from you. Is billing set up the same?

I've been having some luck cold calling. I've set 6 appointments so far off the list once I get interest I've done some qualifying as well. I also have 4 people who I've had conversations with that at least want a call back who seem interested. I think that I am going to have to invest in a dialer. Josh, since I got my list from you I will be getting dialer from you. Is billing set up the same?

Glad to hear that it's working for you.

The billing for the dialer is slightly different; you can sign up at AffordableDialer.com by clicking "order now". Once you pay it should send you login details within a few minutes. IF you don't get the login details just email me ([email protected]) and I can make sure it went through.

Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear that it's working for you.

The billing for the dialer is slightly different; you can sign up at AffordableDialer.com by clicking "order now". Once you pay it should send you login details within a few minutes. IF you don't get the login details just email me ([email protected]) and I can make sure it went through.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Josh!!! I will figure this out got payment sent so now I'll have something to play around with and figure out.:goofy:

Back